Chapter Nine

Mood: uneasy

Place: in my room

Last night, was like an emotional roller coaster.  I don’t like Cody. Justin is out of the picture and I wish I could never see him again.  But, I can’t because I work for him.  I woke up at 6 am and decided to go to the gym.   I did some warm-ups and went on the treadmill for half an hour.  I went to go back up stairs when I ran into Ryan.  He seemed to be beaming.

“Hey Ry!” I greeted out of breath.

“Hey! Guess what? I found this really great girl and you were right… thanks…” He smiled.

“No problem! I’d hug you but I’m a bit sweaty.”

“It is okay…catch you later Jay.”

“Bye!”

I stepped out of the elevator and saw Justin and Selena smooching by his door.  I ran into my room and I know that Justin was looking at me.  What should I do? I scrolled through my phone and saw a new text from Cody.

C- Hey Jessica.

Me- Hey

C- What’s up buttercup?

Me- Nothing.

C- Want to go around town with me?

Me- Uh, sure.

C- Be @ your hotel in 10.

I went to wash my sweaty body off and slipped into something sensible but nothing too nice.

I grabbed my phone and took the elevator to the lobby.  But, guess who I saw in there? Justin freaking Bieber.  As soon as I saw him, I turned the other way and headed for the stairs.  He got grasp of my wrist and pulled me into the elevator.  I looked at him and his eyes were filled with tears.  I looked out at the lobby and saw Cody talking to a group of little girls, probably fans.  Justin saw that I waved at Cody and tears streamed down his face. 

“You will be known as my boss now, nothing more.” I said sternly

“I-I know…and Selena and I are dating.  Everything is just fine…”  He was lying through his teeth because he is such a bad liar.  I knew him better than anyone else.

“Good…then everything is settled.”

I got out of the elevator, but once again he grabbed my arm.  Cody was looking at us.  I took a deep breath and walked away with some of my pride

I walked towards Cody, and hoping that Justin was still looking at me I grabbed Cody and kissed him hard.  He was an average kisser not that I have lots of experience.  I opened my eyes slightly.  Justin was still next to the elevator looking at us.  I pulled away and saw Cody looking at me with wide puppy eyes.

Justin walked away, and I linked arms with Cody.  We walked out the lobby with him.

After three hours, I got a text from Chaz.

C- Hey. JB says we have a concert in 2 hours. 

Me- kk be back in a few. 

I looked at Cody and he seemed to be so happy. 

“Cody, I need to go to a concert.”

“Oh okay. Maybe I can tag along too?”

I thought about it, “Sure.” This was the perfect opportunity to make Justin jealous.

We walked back to the small hotel and went up to my room.  I changed into a black skirt and a black blouse.  I put my curls down and walked back into my bedroom, where Cody was.  His jaw dropped.  I walked over to him and smiled.  I sat next to him on the bed.