²⁰. 𝑀𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟y 𝐿𝑎𝑛𝑒

Zacznij od początku

(Y/N) tried calling his name once or twice, but he was too focused in rummaging through his workshop to pay attention to her at all. He was muttering to himself and searching through every cardboard box that was in his line of sight, until he stopped moving and held up a vinyl in his hands with a loud 'aha!'.

"Why do you need that?" (Y/N) asked him now that he was making his way back and placing the vinyl down on the record player. She knew what the object was, she just didn't know why he needed it.

"This, (Y/N), may be the key to helping you," Tony said dramatically, and she resisted the urge to roll her eyes at this. "Studies confirm that music helps in retrieving stored memories."

(Y/N) felt a tingle of hope at his words, maybe he was right, and she could finally get back all those memories that were still shut down with lock and key in the back of her brain. She wanted to know more of her old life so badly, and Tony had offered to do what other people in her life didn't. But a part of her was still doubting it would work, since her eyes caught the vinyl and she wasn't sure if she would recognize the song recorded in it.

Tony seemed to read her doubt. "This was your favorite song. I've kept the record since then."

(Y/N)'s face softened and noticed the slightest hint of worry in his eyes, anxiety written all over his face if this was going to work out or not.

He cleared his throat. "JARVIS, drop my needle."

Without a word, JARVIS followed his command and dropped the needle down to the vinyl, and the first beats to the Queen song We Will Rock You started blasting loudly in the basement. At first, Tony laughed at the shock of the loud beat in (Y/N)'s face before he moved his focus on the machines to see if her heartbeat was still stable. If her heart beat began racing, he would drop anything and try with another method.

(Y/N) tried to help too, closing her eyes in concentration to see if any recollection of her life flew past her eyes, and tapped her finger down on the table to the beat as a way to help her relax.

"Tony. . ." He immediately perked up at the sound of his name. "Can you tell me what happened that day? Maybe that will help?"

"Well, I took you to the restaurant where they served our favorite cheeseburgers to ease down your nerves before you left. You cheated on the pinball machine competition we used to have."

He laughed nostalgically, and (Y/N) could already see flashes of the stuff he was mentioning. Images of herself and him drinking down the sodas and eating down the greasy french fries, she wished they were clearer and lasted longer.

"I can remember," (Y/N) informed him, and the song was still playing in the background. "Tell me more, please."

"Sure," Tony nodded, tugging his sleeves down to his elbows. "Before you left for the flight, you gave me the jacket because you saw how nervous I was. Even my dad was worried, God, he always liked you better."

(Y/N) saw how a hurtful look flashed in his face when he said the last sentence, but that was a question for another time. Parts of the moments he was narrating were fresh in her mind, since the machine from the Skrulls had brought those memories out to the surface. If she remembered correctly, that same face with a short mustache was the person she saw every time she spoke to the Supreme Intelligence.

Tony glanced back at her after trailing off and noticed how she stared off into nothing, and he jumped up. "Is it working?"

(Y/N) nodded eagerly. "It is. But I'm starting to get a massive headache."

Tony took this as a hint to remove the vinyl from the record player and started to remove the wires connected to (Y/N)'s temples and forearms.

(Y/N) watched how he worked and she helped in removing the wires connected to her. A question was eagerly waiting to be voiced in the back of her throat, so she cleared her throat to catch his attention and make him look at her.

"Why are you helping me?" she asked.

She swore she saw his irises soften. "Because I don't want my friendship with you to go away."

soft moments between these two <3 i love them so much and this act is going to be filled with small moments of them

i love them so much and this act is going to be filled with small moments of them.

-see you soon, bex