X

"I slowly hold my hand out again, silently implicating a 'yes' to Morticia."

Tw: alcohol, talk about sh & su^cide attempts
Y/n's pov:)

I look away, not wanting to see her reaction. I feel her warm hands against my rough skin. Her touch burns me, I can almost hear my skin sizzling. She caresses my scars gently, not applying any pressure.

Then she lets go of my arm. I feel tears threatening to spill down my cheeks. I pull my sleeve back down to cover my arm.

"Thank you, Y/n. This means a lot to me", Morticia says. "I'm not going to make you promise to never hurt yourself ever again, because I know that it won't help. Please come to me when you feel like hurting yourself. I will never punish you for feeling bad. I want to help you. You can tell me if there's anything that would help you", she continues.

I cry silently. No sound comes out of me. I take in a deep breath and let it out.

"P-please just h-hold me... I want you to t-take care of m-me like a s-small child. It's em-embarrassing, I-I know, b-but it's all I want. I'm s-sorry. Just.. pl-please show me that you ge-genuinely care..", I plead, tears running down my face. "Oh, baby..", Morticia coos and opens her arms. I slowly crawl over to her lap. She wraps her hands around me once again and caresses me while I sob my heart out.

After a while I feel my eyes getting puffy. I lay in Morticia's lap in complete silence. "I think it's time to go to sleep, darling", Morticia affirms. "Let's get you ready for bed", she says as she gets up from the bed and carries me to the bathroom. I groan exhaustedly while rubbing my eyes. She opens the door and flicks the lights on. I cringe at the sudden change of brightness. She sets me down on the bathroom vanity. I keep my eyes slightly closed in order to avoid the stinging pain of a thousand suns aimed at my eyes right now. Morticia opens a drawer and takes out our toothbrushes and some toothpaste. She puts some toothpaste on my toothbrush and gives it to me. I slowly lift my hand to take it out of her hand and begin to clean my teeth. I close my eyes and fantasize about being in Morticia's comfortable bed. I struggle not too fall asleep right then and there.

Suddenly I feel a hand on my knee and flinch a bit. I open my eyes abruptly. I immediately recognise Morticia's face and calm down. I place my left hand on top of her's and notice the size difference between our hands. I take the toothbrush out of my mouth and jump down from the vanity. I spit out the toothpaste and set my toothbrush down. I look up at Morticia and see her wiping her makeup off with wet wipes. I wrap my hands around her torso and lean my head on her. I groan tiredly. She chuckles and continues to clean her face.

"Come on", Morticia grins and messes my hair a bit. "Hey!!" I laugh and let go of her. I follow her to the bedroom and run to the bed. I jump on the soft covers and shove my face into Morticia's puffy pillow. I sigh in content.

I love her so much.

I get under the covers and wait for Morticia to turn off the lights. Her silky covers feel amazing against my skin.

She changes into her pyjamas and gets in bed. I wrap my hands around her and lay my head down on her chest. "Goodnight", I mumble. "Goodnight, sleep well, mon chéri/ma chérie"*, she responds, petting my hair. I feel my cheeks heat up at the nickname and close my eyes.

***

I wake up alone in bed. I sit up on the bed and look around to verify that Morticia is gone. I search for my phone. '11.37 am'. I have to get something to get through tomorrow. Parents day. The worst day in the entire school year. I message my plug.