Authors Notes

Welcome to The Rats Refrain. This is a new adult, fantasy romance novella based on a prompt for the @OpenNovellaContest. This is just one of my projects for ONC because apparently I'm a glutton for punishment after writing two last year!

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Blurb

For as long as anyone can remember, the kingdom of Nilemah has been overrun with rats. No one quite knows the cause, but there were rumors of someone going town to town and ridding them of the infestation.

Gwen Weatherby thought they were nonsense until the day he rode into town and changed everything.

A vain fae prince who played with one too many hearts, Lyron was cursed to watch his friends and family turn into beasts, and the people of his kingdom become victims of the curse. The only way to free them all is to find his true love and make her fall in love with him.

The caveat? She cannot know of the curse or who he is, and he only has one month to win her heart. Each failed attempt curses the town the girl left behind and causes its people to turn into rats when the sun goes down. Rats that only respond to the pipe he plays.

After a thousand years of searching, Lyron has long since lost hope, until fiery Gwen bursts into his life.

A prince in need of a lesson and a girl in need of adventure? What say you fate? Shall we let them dance?

Pied Piper of Hamelin X Beauty and the Beast

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Prompt

Based on prompt 43. You have waited a thousand years to find your true love, what's one more day?

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

I really hope you will enjoy reading this as much as I know I will writing it.

If you have any questions or are also taking part in ONC and would like to be buddies/cheer each other on, please drop the name of your project here. Looking forward to writing with you all!

This story is an original work by A Williamson and is only available on W A T T P A D.

If you are seeing this story anywhere else then it has been taken without my consent. Please let me know by messaging me on there or Instagram/TikTok under ItsTheQuietGirls.