Rex: Mom used to tell me all about him. Everytime I go to his place, he always repairs my anchor. It's been a while since I've seen the ol' Doc.

Ruby: Wow. (Giggles.) He built you all by himself?

Penny: Well, almost! He had some help from Mr. Ironwood.

Ruby: The General?!

Rex: James, too?

Ruby: Wait... Is that why those soldiers were after you?

Penny: They like to protect me, too!

Ruby: (Scoffs) They don't think you can protect yourself?

Penny: They're not sure if I'm ready yet...

Penny: One day, it will be my job to save the world, but I still have a lot left to learn

Penny: One day, it will be my job to save the world, but I still have a lot left to learn. That's why my father let me come to the Vytal Festival. I want to see what it's like in the rest of the world, and test myself in the Tournament.

Ruby: Penny, what are you talking about? Save the world from what? We're in a time of peace!

Penny: (Confused) That's not what Mr. Ironwood said...

Rex: I think what James meant was that when the time comes.

Soldier 1: (Off-screen.) Check down here!

Rex: Shoot! They're still at our tails!

Penny: (Grabs Ruby by the shoulders) You two have to hide! (Lifts both Rex and Ruby above her head effortlessly.)

Rex: Penny, what the hell!? Put us down!

Ruby: Penny, wait! What are you doing? You don't have to go with them! We can help you!

Penny: (Throws them in the trash and lifts the lid so she can still talk.) It's okay, guys. They're not bad people; I just don't want to get you two in trouble. Just promise me you won't tell anyone else my secret. Okay?

Ruby: I promise.

Rex: Cross my heart. Close the lid.

Ruby lowers her head into the garbage as the lid is put down, but she lifts it a little to peek at the scene outside.