Chapter Seven

George's POV
Fundy continues to drive as I mess around with the radio trying to find a song "So how long have you been in the city?" I ask him.

"Two months" He replies keeping his eyes on the road.

"And you never thought of visiting?"

"You know how your dad is... I only came because I heard about what had happened in school- Dream called me"

"Dream.. called you? How do you know him?"

"I met him through Philza a while back, we're pretty close. He freaked out and called me"

"He's nice, I like him and Sapnap"

"That's funny coming from you- You don't like anyone but Karl and maybe me"

"Things change"

Fundy smiles to hear that. Fundy and I met a while ago in the lab my dad used to work for. Our story goes way back. Before my dad was fired.. he started working on an experiment. Me. Fundy was also part of another special project which is why he's.. what most people call 'a mutant freak'. He's not so bad though. Sure.. he's not exactly human- more fox-like but he's an honest great guy. Super sweet as well. He's saved me from so many near-death events.

We were a trio. It was Fundy, Karl, and I. Fundy being the oldest of course. He took care of us always. Karl had his fair share of lab experiences and.. abilities. He was the only one who was brave enough to run away and start over. Karl made a good name for himself. Once he turned 18 nothing mattered anymore. Fundy was a little too late so he didn't care, He stayed to protect me. Karl can teleport and time travel, not a weird combination really, he can manipulate time so easily. Fundy has an animal-like personality and looks like one too, he hides it with a cap and coat.

As for me, I don't know what's going on with me. Half of my emotions were blocked until I met these Americans and started school. I have learned more skills than possible and all my senses are a bit more enhanced... Weird things happen to me all the time. After a year or two of being an experiment, I was allowed to adapt to technology. I watched many movies- mostly romance and I realized I've never fallen in 'love' whatever that's supposed to be. It's the one thing I'm capable of and the one thing I actually don't understand.

There's just so much that's going on. Fundy saved me from having my memories erased but now I'm like a fugitive. If I'm ever found again or caught by my father... He'd surely kill me.

I sighed throwing my head back on the seat. "I missed you Fundy" I breathe out quietly still in a bit of physical pain.

"I know George.." He says intertwining my fingers with his. "You're safe with me. Now that I'm back, I'm going to make sure you're okay... We have to leave the state as soon as possible"

"What..?"

"It's not a permanent thing.. but these men are dangerous George"

"I want to see Karl first along with Dream and Sapnap"

"Alright, only because I love you"

I smile and pull out my phone adding Karl, Dream, and Sapnap to a group chat so I can text them in one go.

Me :]
Guy, meet me all at ***** park
Right now.
It's important

Karl <3
George?!
Where are you?
Are you okay?

Sap
I was worried sick!

Dream
I'll pick up Karl and Sap
We'll be there immediately

Me :]
I'm with Fundy, I'm okay
Don't be late

I turn off my phone to notice we have arrived rather quickly. Fundy took a bunch of shortcuts but the park wasn't as far as I thought. I look over at Fundy anxiously. "You want me to get down with you?"

I nod. We both exit the car as I continue to cling onto the Ginger. Why do I feel so nervous, this is annoying. A couple of minutes later and I finally see them walking toward us. Karl immediately runs to me jumping in my arms making us both fall. "George! You're okay!" He exclaims in relief still hugging me.

"Karl you're absolutely crushing me," I tell him.

He breaks the hug standing back up. "Oops?"

I faintly smile.

"I'm glad to see you're okay" Dream says helping me up.

I walk to Sapnap who kept on staring at me looking like he had just seen a ghost. I smile walking closer to him cupping his face. "Why do you keep looking at me like that?"

"I'm just.. relieved" The American replies sighing.

I walk back to Fundy's side. "I have really big news... I don't know how to say this- so let me just put it out there. I'm leaving the state with Fundy for a while"

"What?" They all ask in unison.

"It's just the safest option for him," Fundy says holding me close.

"Oh my god! Roadtrip!" Karl says with a bright smile.

"I don't-"

Sapnap and Dream look at each other and back at us. "Let's do it," The blonde says.

I can't believe they actually want to come. I thought it was the end of us but I guess it's never really over huh? I look over at Fundy.

He sighs. "We leave tomorrow morning so pack fast, we're going in my truck," Fundy tells them then turns back to me. "I'm staying at the hotel across the street if you want to stay with me"

"Yeah I'd love-"

Unable to respond, I feel I tight grip pull me
back. "He's staying with me.." The raven-haired boy says. His grip on me only seems to tighten. He seems so tense.

Karl glares at him angrily. "No fucking way! He's safer with Fundy than with you!"

"Don't be a bitch Jacobs"

"Oh, I'm the bitch?! The last thing I need is for him to end up hurt because of you"

"God, are you listening to yourself?! I would never hurt him! Get off my fucking back man"

He lets go of me facing Karl who was angry as hell.

"I don't trust you, Nick"

"Oh, you don't trust me? You're the one still in love with me even after everything. Admit it, you're using Quackity as a rebound. How's that working for you?"

"Fuck you!"

"You wish"

"Can you guys fucking shut up for just one minute?!" Dream yells getting sick of them fighting. "It's always the same shit between you too"

"He's staying with me and I don't want to hear another word from any of you till you figure things up," Fundy says grabbing my hand leading me back to his truck.