The Orangery

The flamboyant young lady leaps from the revolving podium, landing with a sort of clumsy elegance. Her macaroon uniform bounces as she sends a whirlwind about the club room. "It seems our adored alluring host has caught himself within the elegant throws of romance! Oh, how our poor dear must battle with his homosexual tendencies, transgressing Japan's societal norms."

You comically fall back, landing on the floor. "What? Whoever said anything about homosexual tendencies?" You exclaim in outrage, fully prepared to turn tail and run right that second. "You know what? I'm leaving!" You attempt to back out of the former music room, but a sudden resounding clash of cast iron hitting the marble flooring stops you in your tracks.

"I'm afraid that won't be possible, [m.m]. If manga has taught me anything, it's that internal conflict within a community of attractive young men must be sorted through a series of heartfelt moments of self-discovery, meaning you will not leave this club room until we solve this conundrum!" Sparkles fill her eyes as she muses and fanatics over her favourite anime, manga, and Otome franchise. "The thing that touches a girl's heart the most is close bonding time, between dashing gentlemen, talking about their feelings, with a touch of homoeroticism!" She swoons but you doubt what she says.

"Surely that can't be true." You look to Fujioka for confirmation, who simply shrugs.

"You should do what she wants, senpai. I need to study at the library, so I'd like this to be resolved as soon as possible."

"You know, you could at least pretend to care about me."

"Ahem," Renge gathers everyone's attention. "To fully understand the situation poor [m.n] has gotten himself into, we first need to recap the events of the last episode."

Kyoya looks at the girl, then at his notebook, and then back at her. "It seems Miss Houshakuji may be suffering from delusions once again."

She ignores him, which is probably for the best. "In the last episode, this host was rapt with concern over his trauma around performing. Since his unfortunate retirement from playing in his first year, [m.n] has developed a complex about playing the violin, or any instrument, in front of people. Then, the Host Club found him playing in his estate! After being comforted by the princely Tamaki, he hasn't been able to take his eyes off of him!"

"That is not true!" You stumble over your words and cover your flushed cheeks. "If you've only come here to chastise me, I suggest you leave."

"Now, now, [m.n], you shouldn't be rude to our manager." Kyoya pushes his glasses up with a slender finger and shoots you a devious grin. You so badly want to remind Kyoya that the more he welcomes Renge, the more she will continue to intrude on his life, but you realise you have more pressing issues right now.

"What happened back at my place was a -- a misunderstanding! I'd slipped and Tamaki just happened to see the aftermath. I don't appreciate this unneeded light being shone on my personal life."

Despite this, the members of the Host Club continue to pester you, to the point that the room gets reorganised to resemble an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. Mitskuni won't cease his scrambling on your arm and back (in an attempt to be cute), and the twins are unrelenting in their rapid-fire questioning.

Tamaki stays unusually quiet and simply stares at the scene unfolding before him. Usually, the King would be in the centre of the hubbub, but he becomes hesitant in even uttering a word. Even Mori chimes in at a point.