Chapter Seven: The Interview

{Chapter 7 POV: Apple White}

The hot, white spotlights shone down on Fifth Destiny as we endured our first interview.

The fame and the fans were already quite overwhelming. It has changed us more as people than even the destiny debacle had. I was taking this change to heart, and it was tearing me apart a little more inside each morning when I woke up and looked in the mirror. Am I the fairest of them all? I'm just not so sure anymore.

The whole "Queen of the Royals" thing is so much pressure. I'm not feeling like a queen, or a leader. I've lost myself, I don't even know who I am anymore. My new friends are still helping me find it.

Nobody has helped me more on this quest than my new closest friend Cerise. When she told me her wolf secret, it set something off inside me. It's like a switch was flipped that turned on my emotions. I was a Headmaster Grimm-brainwashed robot, taught since I was only a nursery rhyme that I was a royal and Royal thoughts are the only ones I can conceive. This is high school, and it's all about finding yourself.

I'm sure you've heard the phrase "fame changes people." I don't believe that this phrase is totally false, but I don't think it's always used with a negative connotation. That phrase is taking its toll on Cerise and I.

Cerise and I have a really unique friendship. The kind that sprang out of nowhere, and confuses everyone who comes across it. Cerise was opening my eyes to new things, like the fact that Daring Charming, who I don't even, and have never really liked, is not the only Prince in the kingdoms.

"Let's start with the music. What do you have planned for your music releases this year? Anything we should look forward to?" Mrs. Queen Charming asked excitedly.

We all looked over at Lizzie, who we'd designated to talk about our upcoming EP release. "Actually, that's some of the news we have to share with you all! Our debut EP is set to release in exactly two weeks! It's called 'Better Together'!" The EP cover, designed and edited quickly but amazingly, appeared on the large screen behind us. It was one of the photos we'd woken up super early this morning to get out and shoot. Many of us were only running on about four hours of sleep.

Lizzie continued, "The EP will have six songs. The songs are completely new and original, so they're uniquely all for our fans from us! Only four songs are named so far... So you'll have to wait and see! We'll be dropping hints about them on our MyChapter pages so make sure to follow us! Each of us will be tackling a song to introduce to you all, and the lead single will be premiered soon!"

"How hexciting!" said the Queen. "So we have a few fan questions for you all, I think that's the best way for them to get to know you, isn't it?"

We all nodded.

"First question is for Holly! How long is your hair?"

Holly giggled. She thought it was hilarious that everyone always wanted to know all about her magical-powered hair. "Six feet!"

There were a few "wows" and gasps from the audience. Understandable- six feet is a lot of hair!

"Now for Lizzie, your fans want to know what makes you so short. Want to explain?" The Queen laughed at the question. It was a little odd asking someone why they are short.

"Oh, it's because I'm Wonderlandian, as in from Wonderland! Everyone there is slightly shorter!" Lizzie explained.

"How about you girls? Where are you from?" The Queen extended the question to all five of us.

"Well, Apple and Duchess are from the Enchanted Forest's White Kingdom, Holly is originally from Corona but was raised in a tower, and Cerise is from the Hood Villages," Lizzie clarified.