21: Ruin at the End of Invention

(Levie's P.O.V)

The Land of the Looking Glass was, and always has been, an enigmatic void of sorts.

It's like a new realm. A place that's exactly like Cradle, but opposite. Everything is covered in Magic. The air you breath, the ground you step on, the clouds in the sky -

Every atom of life is electrified with power. Embued with Crystal life force, and consistently switched on.

It's dangerous there. Any naive human that steps through is a goner. Alike stepping into a Thunder Cloud, the entire space is a death trap. In an instant, you feel the zap.

Then it's over.

It still amazes me that they banished me there.

But still a young child, I was punished for my deeds. Sure, I was a pretty rotten child, but I came from a rotten upbringing since I was pulled from my parents so young. And then when I was able to see my mother and father, that one last time, after years of being told I would never see them again -

Just before they shoved me through the mirror -

It's funny. It's amazing any adult could throw a child into their own Thunder Cloud and expect them to live.

But it's even more hilarious that the adults believe what they did was right.

That I was the problem.

Bullshit.

I was never the problem. I was a pretty normal kid. They just didn't understand how to handle me.

Cradle was ridden and bound to its politics back then. My father had no say, despite his high seat so close to the throne.

The governments made the choices.

And to them, I was the threat they feared most.

When in actuality, I was only a threat because none of the governing bodies could handle me. If I was somehow destined to be a peacekeeper, I would've been shared across each political section. Maybe my life would have been different.

....maybe I would've been happy one day.

But that's all over now.

I was thrown into the jungle with wolves. And I survived.

So going back, if by some freak accident I ever do -

It means nothing to me.

I am the one they fear.

Which means I am the one who will win.

—————————————-

(Jonah's P.O.V)

I didn't have time to plan out my strategy. Jumping into the Looking Glass, I only had one sure fire goal that I knew I had to achieve.

I had to make some kind of amends with Levie and bring him back with me. He was surely the only one now that could stop Amon and free everyone.

For, it wasn't hard to guess that the Magic Towers' next plan was to enslave Cradle and become a Totalitarian Government. If I didn't save my brother, I had no ability to match the power of the Magic Disciples.

The shift in the air took the wind out of me. As soon as I passed through the Looking Glass, electrified oxygen filled my lungs and began to seize my chest. I instantly began coughing and, fearing I'd injure my jaw or the rest of my body, I immediately snagged the large Magic Crystal I had in my jacket pocket and squeezed it.