3: It's Much, Much More Serious than That....

(Kelly's P.O.V)

"Luka...."

I sat beside Jonah's hospital ward bed, gawking at the younger brother as he stared somberly down at his sibling.

But as I focused on his eyes, I could see there was something else in them. Another emotion that was like a storm, unable to be quelled.

Anger? Annoyance? Irritation, maybe?

As if....this burning anger inside of him, was a curse he harboured. A feeling he could just never shake.

It was like....a permanent part of him.

The Jack of Spades took in a deep breath, then let it out slowly. I could tell he was fighting with multiple decisions right now as he stared as his injured brother.

"You know who it was that injured Jonah....don't you?"

This time, I was surprised to see the non-chalant medic beside me speak up. I could tell by his serious expression that Kyle felt it too; as I glanced his way, I could feel how tense the air was becoming.

There was much more to this attack than we'd originally anticipated. That much was for sure.

"I really thought it was just a fairy tale..." Luka started quietly, before sighing once more.

"Kelly...did you get a good look at him? Did you see what the attacker looked like?"

The Jack of Spades suddenly turned my way. I swallowed heavily as my heart began to race; instantly becoming nervous about what answers my response would lead to.

"Black a-"

"Black and white hair." Luka interrupted and parroted my response.

I blinked.

"Uh...yes. How did you-?"

Luka's jaw tightened with determination.

"What colour eyes?"

I hesitated, then opened my mouth to speak once again.

"Icy blue."

The two of us spoke in unison.

I stood up fast, unable to fathom what exactly this meant.

"So you do know!? Who is that guy Luka!? He was so-!"

"Dangerous, I know." Luka cut in for the last time. His amber eyes turned to glance at his brother somberly.

"They say.... he's a man with so much Magic power...that he can shatter bones...incinerate veins....and electrify your skin, with just a single touch..."

Standing there, I hesitated to speak. Luka was describing everything exactly how it'd happened; exactly how Jonah's arm was suddenly gravely injured by that man's touch.

"Kyle."

The Jack of Spades turned to the doctor.

"Yeah..?" He grumbled.

"Do you know that old wives tale? About the man that came from the mirror?"

There was so much that didn't make sense. But it seemed like whatever Luka was hinting at, it would all come together at some point.

Kyle warily eyed the Jack of Spades.

"I do.."

The younger brother stared down the medic, keeping their gazes pointed on eachother.

"Tell it to me."

The doctor sighed.

"Well...Legend has it a child was born once inside the gates of Central, an heir to both royalty and prestige, and the first of three sons that came to know celebrity and wealth that spanned far beyond Cradles borders."