13: Confrontation

(2 hours ago, Levie's P.O.V)

No matter how naive I could possibly act, I was never actually that stupid.

For years, many had feared me, not for my brains, but for my power. For the fact that if I got too close and touched them, I could end their life, then and there.

I was feared because I was a loose cannon. My knowledge of the situation always came second place, where most didn't expect me to even manipulate the events, but instead, simply touch and threaten things on a whim, just to get what I wanted.

I was spoiled, they thought.

But that wasn't true at all. I'd just learned never to voice my true intentions.

Why?

Because, despite the loneliness in my heart -

No one ever asked.

So in my mind, they were never worthy to know anyway.

I was never inherently evil.

Its just, I knew not a single person that actually cared about me.

That one time, with Luka in the courtyard -

That was the only time I ever truly had a friend.

But that fleeting moment is gone now.

Now, the only person I protected -

Was myself.

-----------------
(Alice's P.O.V)

CRASH!!!

I was stunned awake by the sudden pivotal movements of the loud, heavy banging of one of the wooden chairs that once sat at the table - now careening into the cot I slept on.

I jumped from my sleep so quickly, I felt dizzy. My heart lurched into my throat, and before I could even realise I was standing, I was already holding my chest and coughing.

"What happened!? What---Wha--!?"

"It's hardly even been 24 hours, and already you're trying to leave." The tone of Levie's voice was something entirely new. It was deep and angry, dissapointed yet more than just furious.

It almost sounded...infernal.

I met eyes with him, feeling my mouth open subconsciously in surprise.
He'd already gotten to Edgar.

"What happened t-!" But I couldn't even get the words in as he stomped closer.

"Edgar's gone. If it's truly your prerogative to find him, be my guest." 

I grit my teeth at his sarcastically furious tone. It had only been a matter of hours since I'd last seen the assassin, yet already, it was clear that Levie had been awake inside the shack the whole time while we talked.

I'd learned my lesson. It was dangerous to even attempt to make any outside contact now.

I lowered my stare, glaring angrily at the Magician.

"This is your problem, you know. I can't fix your problem! " My mood was instantly so sour, I didn't care anymore if I offended him. Levie was purposely keeping me hidden here, and was angry with me when I attempted to escape.

How truly delusional could he be? Did he in someway convince himself that being locked away and alone was truly fun!?

My thoughts suddenly stopped me in my tracks.

Ofcourse he would..

That's....all he's ever known - 

"You, are now my problem." Levie snapped back with barbs in his voice.