Chapter One - Reflections

There was once two people, two very different people. One, an English teacher who taught at Ashenfalls Academy and the other, his student Emily Clark.Torn by an endless war between what was right and what was wrong, the two could neither deny that the forbidden fruit had always tasted the sweetest. 

Their reception was inevitable. The people whom surrounded Mr. Radcliffe and Emily had always been sour and bitter pieces of decaying fruit, whereas the victims had merely been two humans who were unrestrainedly and completely unconditionally in love with each other. Forbidden or not. It was love.

But then there was her. It all fell down to her!

It is true when people pointed out the revelation that indeed the apple does not fall far from the tree.

Naturally, it would not have fallen otherwise. And who was to tell to, anyway? 

* * *

Chapter One - Reflections

Emily Clark stared blankly at the reflection that stared back at her. By the shade of her skin, she was surprised she even had a reflection. She looked vampire-like. Scrolling her eyes over her plain features, she noted to herself how indeed she was ageing. She looked old, now.

Her brown eyes were being supported by big, visible cheekbones. Her naturally dark russet hair, now with blonde highlights, was looking duller than usual. Though they were not drooping, her eyes looked exhausted. Not bright anymore. However, the bone formation of her face made her look attractive - people always said that to her ever since she was a child. People often complimented her on her appearance too, no matter how much she detested herself. What on earth did they see in her? What on earth did Mr. Radcliffe see in her?

Shaking her head to herself, Emily began to hear the sound of a key turning in the front door's lock. He was here. The woman’s face, which had been solemn before, brightened and she waited for him to be near her once again.

Two big, warm and tanned hands secretly slithered around Emily's waist, and another reflection was added within the frame of the silver mirror. The extraordinarily gorgeous face of Mr. Radcliffe smiled against her neck, gently kissing the flesh there. Emily grinned and turned around. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she pulled herself close to him and groaned slightly.

"God I've missed you! Your very distinct scent!"

His voice brought memories to her, good ones, which caused her to virtually hyperventilate.

"I've missed you so much it’s unreal! Longest three weeks of my thirty-two years!"

Pressing her lips against Mr. Radcliffe's mouth, with such an unusual hard force, caused his lips to part open ever so slightly, and the corners of his lips curled up into a smile.

"I love you," he whispered.

"As I love you, sir!" Emily teased, slanting her head up to him. How that word never got old.

When the couples embrace was broken, Mr. Radcliffe tucked his arm around her waist and towed her into the expensive, African-styled lounge, where they plunged down on the sofa, holding each other close.

"So tell me, how was Africa? How's your little Aimy? Did you see any of those real lions? What's the hot weather like?

Mr. Radcliffe paused for a second, then said, "Aimy's doing fine, still studying those lions. She sends her regards, says that you better get, and I quote, that skinny ass of yours over there next time..." he paused again, this time an awkward one, before continuing. "But I told her the answer, of course. Anyway! Enough of talking about my daughter... How is my darling?"

Emily mused for some minutes, picturing how every time she thought of Aimy, the only child of the man she loved, she pictured the girl’s mother - Kat. If one person Emily ever hated in her life, and still hates, it's Kat. That woman aroused such anger in Emily that it was worrying to some.

Kat, as you may well know reader, is Mr. Radcliffe's still current wife, who, in spite of Emily, refuses to sign the divorce papers even after all these years. Kat was a massive obstacle in Emily and Mr. Radcliffe's relationship. Their relationship blossomed just under sixteen years ago, back when Emily Clark was a mere student and Mr. Radcliffe was her mere English teacher. As soon as Kat discovered their forbidden relationship, she informed the top education board and also instructed a man to savagely and sexually abuse Emily. It was after Emily's beating at her high school when Mr. Radcliffe and the girls love could not be hidden any longer or resisted, and so they decided to take a stand with their love. It's been sixteen years since then. Mr. Radcliffe is now border-lining forty years old, Emily now thirty-two. Throughout those sixteen years the couple have lived happily, at peace, down in England.

Still, with that been said, it was just under ten years ago when a visitor was plummeted on the couples doorstep. It was her - Kat, along with a six year old by her side. Kat claimed the six year old to be hers and Mr. Radcliffe's secret child, who she was pregnant with during Mr. Radcliffe's affair.

Devastated was Emily. She yearned so badly to have a child with Mr. Radcliffe, but for some heart-breaking reason, they never discussed it. Never crossed his mind, or so Emily told herself.

"You know how I feel about... that... thing! That... woman!" Emily frowned, locking her embrace with her teacher. Mr. Radcliffe nodded, apprehension flushing through the both of them.

"Enough of dwelling on the thought of that pathetic use of a human being. I love you! I've missed you! I'm cold! Hungry! Oh, did I mention that I love you?"

"Yes, each and every day!" Emily grazed Mr. Radcliffe's bottom lip with her teeth before dragging him up from sofa, and leading him through to the master bedroom, she whispered, "It is I who missed you, as you will soon figure out."

"Ooh, very alluring, darling. Have you a surprise in store for me?"

"I guess you could call it that, yes."

The bedroom door was slammed shut and Mr. Radcliffe's big, broad body began to shake with excitement.

Yes, indeed they had missed each other. That much - as they soon figured out during that hot, sweaty night - was evident.

* * *

(Note from Ash: So, this is book two to Uncondtional. It starts off with Emily and Mr. Radcliffe but it goes back into the past, mainly involving Emily's best friend. This story has a twist, kind of, and you'll sort of figure it out when you read the next chapter. Please, enjoy! Oh also, if I get votes or something on this chapter, I'll upload the next part later on this evening.)