She slowly nodded, her eyes not leaving my face:

"You are gorgeous too."

I suddenly went red. The mood changed for some reason and I looked away embarrassed. Fortunately Saber flew to my rescue clapping silently:

"This was amazing, Poehina. You are getting wiser by the second. I am so happy I got to know you.

-Thank you but I really didn't do a thing. I just believe that everyone is gorgeous. Beauty is subjective if we don't listen to philosophy and even if I find a person ugly, someone else will find them gorgeous. So everyone is gorgeous in my eyes.

-Me too?

-Of course. I really like the way your face lights up when you smile.

-You too, Poehina! You are the most beautiful person I have ever seen! I love you so much...."

Astéria coughed and Saber immediately sat back in her chair. After that day Astéria did not control her eye changing anymore. Or not as much as before. She would let her eye color change freely but would still avoid the color purple for some reason. Maybe she didn't like that color. I was happy to see that my words reached her. We ate almost every day with Saber and this way I could even let Astéria and Saber eat alone so I could eat with Orange sometimes. I missed seeing her at noon and now I didn't have to worry that Astéria would be alone. Saber came to our classroom every day and she would even show up when I was with Orange now. I liked Saber and was happy to see her a lot. Orange didn't seem to mind her either and even replied sometimes. I thought that we should invite her one day but I didn't want to push it yet so I waited for Orange and Saber to get to know each other better.

Time flew by and soon a new ball was announced. It was a ball organized for no one other than the first prince's birthday. Alastair was the crown prince of this country but he wasn't the first born. The first born was his older brother Sverre and everyone was very shocked when they heard about the King's decision. Sverre was still raised as a prince and lived with the royal family but he faced great bullying because of his father's choice. The latter didn't give any reason to his second son being chosen crown prince but everyone knew that it was because of Sverre's condition. Royal family member's medical records were strictly confidential but there had been an incident a few years after Sverre's birth and the truth came out.

Sverre had only been four at the time. Of course royals were never safe from assassination attempts and that day mercenaries got closer to the child than ever before. Sverre was only playing outside when he saw three masked men approach him with daggers. Of course he panicked but he couldn't do anything and the first dagger rained down on him. Despite being petrified, Sverre jumped back and the dagger hit his eyes. He got saved soon after and didn't receive any more hits but his eyes never recovered. Because of his blindness, Sverre got secluded and would leave away from the other royals. No one thought a blind royal would survive with all the strikes but he did and now he was celebrating his 21st birthday.

Of course everyone was invited to his ball and it was even said that Sverre would be choosing his fiancé that night. Sverre wasn't an important character in the novel and the only moments we saw his name were when it was important for the plot. For example his birthday ball would be a perfect opportunity for the male and female lead to get closer. Sverre was never described and I had no idea what he looked like. I felt bad for him being so left out and put all my efforts into finding him the perfect birthday gift. I wanted something personal and touching. He deserved it. I wanted to be his friend. Of course knowing nothing about him was rather hard and seeing me all troubled, Astéria and Saber both stared at me:

"Is there something the matter? asked Astéria.

-Are you okay, Poehina? You seemed troubled."

I just smiled:

"No, everything is fine."

Saber looked at Astéria and insisted a bit more for some reason:

"Are you sure? You could tell us if you are having any problems, you know. We would love to help you with anything.

-No, thank you. Everything is really fine. I was just lost in thought.

-But..."

Astéria coughed and Saber stopped talking. We finished eating and immediately after I ran to Orange for help. I told her about what was troubling me and asked what would be the perfect gift for a prince. Orange frowned rather surprised by my question:

"I didn't know you were that close to the first prince.

-I never met him but it is his birthday after all. I would love for him to be happy."

Orange pinched her lips but didn't dare question me further. However I read all the questions on her face and just smiled:

"I know, I didn't put so much effort into other people's gifts except for you but the prince is different. I just... Feel bad for him. I never met him so maybe he is perfectly happy and I shouldn't but I am sure that not being crown prince must have hurt his pride. At least a bit. That will be his day and I really want him to appreciate my gift."

Orange smiled before patting my head.

"You are a very good person."

I blushed:

"I am not. I just feel bad for him."

Orange rubbed my hair a bit more and I rested against her hand. Feeling her warmth was really comfortable and I forgot about what I came here for for a second.