Chapter 9

Maria drew a bath when they got back, her expression telling Lydia that she had heard through the small grapevine of Alenris what the Crown Prince announced earlier. She tried to give her a warm smile, though it was only half-hearted, and she was sure Maria noticed as her eyes softened with sympathy, small tears gathering that she didn't let out.

She felt terrible that she couldn't reassure Maria anymore than she did, yet how could she do that when she couldn't even reassure herself that everything would be okay?

No words were spoken between them as Asher's hands slowly undid her dress. It felt invigorating to embrace the moment as his fingers brushed against her back every now and then, yet it agitated her that it also seemed like she would fall apart if he moved quicker or said one wrong word.

She let out a slow breath, the air feeling chilly against her skin as the dress fell around her, turning as she felt Asher's presence back away from hers.

"You want me to relax? Then get in with me," Lydia stated, loving how his gaze took in her naked figure, his Adam's apple bobbing as he swallowed.

"Are you sure? I wou–"

"Asher. Let me make one thing clear. There are times when I may be unsure of my decisions, but I will never question what I want with you. I want you, all of you, anytime."

Backing up, she couldn't help the swirl of excitement in her stomach as his eyes darkened to a deep brown at her words, a smirk taking on her lips as he discarded his clothes.

A small squeak passed her lips as Asher swooped her into his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck as he carried her to the tub.

"If you ever need me to stop, tell me," Asher whispered into her ear as he settled into the tub, her back against his chest.

Lydia moaned as the warm water settled into her muscles, leaning her head against his shoulder. It didn't help that she felt Asher's hardness press against her backside and the feeling of his hands as he rubbed against her sides.

Tilting her head to the side, giving him access to her neck as he kissed along her shoulder.

Tenderly, his hands came up, cupping her breasts as his thumbs played with her nipples again. She gripped his thighs, her own clenching together, trying to relieve the already building tension she wanted to release.

She pushed back against him as he took one of her nipples between his fingers, lightly twisting it, his teeth grazing against her neck as his hips grinded up into hers. A groan from Asher's chest left shivers down hers.

A whimper passed her closed lips as a hand left her chest, traveling further down.

"I got you," Asher mumbled between each kiss he placed against her neck.

"Asher..." she moaned, bringing her hips up to meet his fingers.

He hummed against her neck, making her throw her head against his shoulder, fingers gripping his thigh tighter as her mind fought to get him where she wanted him, yet her body already seemed to submit to his.

"Shit," she hissed, feeling his finger slide between her thighs, rubbing back and forth against her entrance while his thumb softly circled her clit.

She grinded against his fingers, stomach clenching with each stroke as she tried to ride through it. Her movements created waves that clashed against her chest, intensifying the pleasure where his hand grasped her breast.

Her movements paused as he thrust a finger into her, its slow movements setting her desire into overdrive as it wasn't enough to get release.

Sometimes she forgot how strong Asher was as she tried to grind against his fingers, yet couldn't as his hand between her legs kept her pressed against him, his cock twitching against her back as another moan left her lips, begging for more.