VIII : Gone Wrong

Start from the beginning

Maria whacked her head as they watched the car drive off at high speed. "Could have asked."

"You ask too many questions."

"This way." Natasha coughed as she lead the way to the compound. The moment they got close, Irmina was shot by a sniper, directly at her heart. The agents got on high alert, scanning the area for any more snipers and hiding Irmina behind.

"Why me?" Irmina wheezed as she threw her knife. A second later, a body fell to the ground. Irmina whacked her chest and the bullet popped out. Natasha quickly tries to stop the bleeding. "What are you doing? I'm fine." Irmina held onto her hand before directing it away. Natasha frowned, confused. Even with advanced healing, there would be traces of blood. "Kevlar fabric. Only the first layer."

"You didn't bother to tell us?" Maria questioned, checking where she shot, ensuring that Irmina wasn't seriously injured—telling the truth.

"You didn't bother to check?" Irmina groaned, annoyed with all the checking. "I'm going in."

"That's not the plan." Natasha voiced, turning around to look at the surroundings.

"She's—Gone!" Micheal said as he looked around after realising they didn't get an answer from the German. The three agents looked around, frantic.

No one could subdue Irmina so how can she be just gone?

"Wait for the shift change," Maria ordered, holding them back.

"What about Irmina?" Micheal asked, still confused as to how Irmina could just disappear without Natasha's notice.

"We just have to wait."

Natasha looked around, high alert every time she hears twigs snapping or leaves cracking. Micheal went to find a higher spot. He's their eyes in the sky, well from the higher ground. Maria fidgeted with her firearm, making sure that it was perfect.

For what seemed like ever.

"Micheal, be a dear and take out the one on the left roof." Irmina requested through their earpiece. Micheal chuckled as took out the poor soul as requested. "Then the right one." Irmina huffed before kicking the door open. The two female agents pointed at the door as a man just fell flat and Irmina waved at them. "That was a pain in the ass. Thank you, Agent Schmitt."

"Anytime Agent King."

Maria scoffed as she headed to the entrance with Natasha who was fairly impressed. Irmina glanced at her hand as she waited, her jaw clenched and eyes fluttered shut for a quick second.

She was too good at killing and she hated herself for it.

Natasha caught on to what she was feeling as she patted her shoulder with a smile and helped her clean off the blood on her jaw. She received a wink with thanks as they headed to the room where the Daiki was. The hostage was supposed to be with him but they were slightly late.

"The hostage is dead. Hours before we got here." Iranian informed as she nodded to the hostage. He was tied to a chair and bruises and cuts covered his body. He was tortured to death. The silence was all they shared as they quickly made their way to Daiki.

They rushed into the room, only Natasha to be shot at but Irmina to be cut the bullet in half.

"King." Daiki grinned as he took off his sunglasses. He unsheathed his katana as his henchmen attack the other two agents. "I've been waiting for you."

"Oh did you?" Irmina scoffed as she watched Daiki charge at her. Before he could even land his strike, his head was on the floor. Irmina threw a couple of knives at the remaining henchmen as the two agents easily took theirs. "Still a coward."