𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

And I knew at that time, Adah wasn't the answer. I always knew she was not that person, our love wasn't that love I wanted.

"..I'n not looking for somebody with some superhuman gifts, some superhero, some fairytale bliss
Just something I could turn to,
Somebody I could kiss,
I want something just like this."

"Apparently, I'm some kind of contagious disease." She said, breaking eye contact and let out a mocking smile.

For a moment, I thanked God she broke contact, thank God I wouldn't be caught in a moment that will lead to a presumptuous action.

It was then I realized something. And for some reason, I wanted to let it out.

"I was not trying to avoid you Camilla." I said calmly.

That stole her attention because she turned to me. Slowly, I did too. And the air felt right, the trees swinged right, the sun calmed down and finally set.

"Then what were you trying to avoid?" She asked.

"Doing this."

With that said, my hands cupped her cheek and her eyes lit. Slowly I pulled her in until our faces were inches apart.

And I did something I wouldn't dare too even in a thousand years.

I let go.

-

Camilla's POV.

    For a reserved and introvert person Toby totally was, he definitely knew how to sweep you off your feet. But I did not expect less.

For a moment I thought the bastard was going to kiss me, but he didn't. Instead, he pulled me by the waist and hugged me.

Even though, honestly speaking. I felt unusually comforted and right in his arms. It was like our bodies were made for each other and I found perfect peace and solace.

I would still prefer the kiss any day though. I hope he doesn't make me wait. I might literally make the first move if he continues to hesitate.

I pulled away soon enough and stared at him. His cheeks were pink and he looked like a kid who had been caught stealing candies.

"I believe hugging is definitely not something to avoid Toby." I mocked him and he grinned.

"You know technically, It's not ideal for me to hug you." He said.

I raised up my eyebrows and he chuckled.

"I know. That wasn't my plan at first." He said, his eyes anywhere but on mine.

"You amaze me Toby. You are too sly for a Therapist." I scolded.

"But I wouldn't be at peace if I did what was is in my head." He said.

Suddenly hurt by what he said, I blurted out.

"How is kissing me not a peaceful thing? I don't bite."

He turned to look at me and I huffed.

"I think we should head back home Camilla." He said.

"Gladly!" I snapped and stood up in anger.

Although I understand what he's trying to say. Kissing is not part of a Doctor-Patient relationship. But he definitely sees me as more than a patient now right? As a lady that can be kissed? And it's obvious I want it too.

Then what is the matter with him?

I stormed off to the car and got in. I wore my seatbelt and turned to the other side so we won't make contacts.