Five

"What are you making?"

Minho asks peeking over the kitchen counter to catch a glimpse of the food the shorter boy was working on.

But luck wasn't on his side today as Peter tilt his body to block his sight.

He pouts defeatly and sits back on his chair.

After minutes which seems like hour- the boy finally turned around and shower him with a wide heart-shaped grin.

Minho looks down on his hands with a poker face.

"Don't tell me you were making mashed potatoes this whole time!"

He groans bratly throwing his head back on chair. The younger walks up to sit beside him on chair and put the plates down.

One for himself and one for Minho.

He smiles. "Not just potatoes. But potatoes with special message. See."

Minho looks at him boredly while he just winks at him.

He moves his eyes down to the special potato in his plate and froze.

There was one unmashed boiled potato laying in center of plate with big words carefully carved on it.

Will you smile for me, Hyung?

✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯

"Minho? You hung out with that twat looking boy? At his house? Are you serious right now?" Seojun exclaim over exaggeratingly as he flaps his hands in air. His eyes wide and shook mode on.

Beside him, Taekwan pokes his cheek with his tongue and spat bitterly.

"I'm sorry Minho but we will not hang out with you from now on if you ever do that again. We don't want one of our friend seen with that low class boy. It's bad for our group reputation. It's better if you take a break from the group for a while." He raises his finger to emphasize. "To clear out your mind you know."

Taekwan looked at other 3 boys for their agreement and they all nod yes. Minho heart went down at that and he panics.

He doesn't want to loose his group. They are the popular one here in this college. Because of them Minho feel loved by everyone else around the campus. He can't, never, loose the feeling.

So he did what he thought was the best.

"Eww no why would I even hang out with him. He's too petite and ugly for my liking. I won't even breath near someone like him."

They hear a loud thud coming from behind them.

All five of them turn their head to the place where the sound came from.

There stand the small boy with his blank face. A fallen lunch box on ground beside him. A boiled potato roll its way over to Minho and stop near his feet.

He looks down at it.

Minho hears the footstep walking away and concluded that the boy had left.

And surprisingly Minho didn't even try to stop him.

He just stares at message carved onto the potato which was laying near his foot.

Will you smile for me, Hyung?

✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯

My mom used to make me and my siblings carve random stuff on potatoes with a needle. It was purely for fun. It doesn't look good and neat but still kind of cute tho.

-🍭