CH. FIFTEEN | New Alliances

"YOU HAVE DELIBERATELY  disobeyed what you were told and what you had sworn to." Hange's loud voice scolded Y/N. "This is not the way of a protector! You have acted irrationally and out of spite multiple times, and at this point I am no longer surprised."

The two were currently in a tent within the cove, a single lantern emitting light as Y/N sat in a chair with an unamused expression.

Dusk had fallen an hour ago, the soft waves of the tides clashing with the rocks as the moon rocked the water back and forth in a slow and steady motion.

"Not only am I responsible for what you have done, Y/N, you are responsible for the well-being of Rina. This screw up could get you into serious trouble, and it only hurts our plans to continue what you wished to be apart of."

Hange walked across the room anxiously, her hands tousling through her hair. The air was thick, and she watched as Y/N could only sit there in silence. She tapped her foot patiently, waiting for Hange to continue her lecture.

"You need to apologize to her."

Y/N was taken aback as she scoffed and slammed her hands on the table, the smack sounding throughout the small enclosure being loud enough for everyone outside of it to hear.

"I will not. You haven't even heard my side of everything. How the whole thing was provoked. If you ask any of my squad members they will surely tell you what had happened." her voice seethed as Hange only stood there with her arms crossed shaking her head.

"You are being completely unreasonable right now. She has no eye, Y/N. That is such a big offense and you are lucky you are talking to me right now rather than with the Premiere." Hange fixed the cape on her shoulders and exhaled heavily.

"That girl is of importance to our entire Island. I know what was drilled into you clashes with our ideals and how to handle things, but this is no way to treat someone, even if you were provoked. You are simply becoming what you hate most."

"You will apologize. That is an order. Once you do so, you will be reprimanded accordingly. Even if you are not from here, you follow our rules just like the others. You should know that by now."

Her last and final words, Hange huffed angrily and exited the tent, a soft breeze following in her place. Y/N slumped back in her chair, exhaling heavily before pushing herself out of her seat.

"I'm already tired of the job as a protector."

Y/N groaned in irritation, jumping off of her chair and walking out of the tent she was in.

"It wasn't even that bad. She bit off more than she could chew."

*FLASHBACK*

"Might I allow myself to reciprocate your own words, Rina. You are on MY turf where I have power. Not you."

"I'll go ahead and say it for you..."

"Give In."

Y/N scoffed to herself at Rina's cries and she brushed past the soldiers standing within the circle, her boots leaving prints in the mud as Rina continued her harsh sobs.

Armin, who stood with Rina, tried his best to control her bleeding, soaking it up as best as he could with the handkerchief he had on his person. Rina made it even more difficult by thrashing around, her hand clutching on to her eye.

"My eye!" She screamed, the tears on her face trailing blood down her delicate skin, staining the tan with a crimson red.

A crowd sufficed around her, chattering about just how and why this had happened.