CH. NINE | Brave Volunteers

*from now on, at least for what I'm planning, the POV will be in third person.

WATCHING ALONG THE GREEN tents belonging to the military of Paradis, a few of their strongest and most experienced soldiers stay stationed in the rocks above the site on lookout.

It was only an hour after the Marleyan fleet had arrived with new guests who claimed to be working on forming an alliance with Paradis. All consisted of Eldian's who were trapped in that country's wretched hands of the internment zone.

Even Marley's own best war soldier turned on them. No one ever expected someone so dedicated to dwindling down their years living for a country, joining the opposing teams side.

The talk whether or not both parties could gain each others trust, was happening. Currently residing in a single tent placed in the middle among all.

"That huge lady of theirs shot and killed her comrade." a young male with a buzz cut spoke, shuddering at the memory. "Wonder what her goal is."

"Don't forget the so called soldier who accompanied them. She broke that mans arm and wrist like it was a stick. Who knows? Whether friend or foe, they're not to be trusted." another tall male with sandy brown hair spoke in response.

To the side of both men, laying perfectly undisturbed and asleep, a brunette who yawned quietly some drool coming from her mouth.

Immediately standing up to awaken the sleeping girl, a ravenette gripped onto her ponytail, pulling her head up.

"No napping, Sasha."

The brown haired presumably named Sasha gave no response and stood sound asleep completely unfazed.

A blond boy with bright ocean blue eyes had watched the tents from the view, his hues sparkling with some excitement.

"But their willingness to share information is unbelievably lucky for us. That girl turning herself in just to become part of our military is also a big advantage. She's worked in their ranks and has skill we've never seen before."

"Yeah, we've been really lucky." said a teal eyed boy who sat crouched next to the blond. Long streaks of red covered the skin under his eyes, signaling him as the famous titan shifter of Paradis.

"We stopped their landing by pure chance. If Marley comes in force, we'll be screwed. We've gotta do something."

"But there's something about that girl who accompanied them without the whole ship knowing..." he continued on, eyeing the specific tent where she was located.

Everyone turned to look at him out of curiosity, eager to hear his reasoning.

"It's driving me crazy, but I feel like we've met somehow, and are connected. When she first turned to look at me from the ship's deck, there was this spark in her eyes that I've never before seen."

-

Peering through the opening of a hand gun, a female (sorry to those who refer to Hange as they/them. I personally use she/her pronouns and call Hange a woman.) soldier awed at the newfound weapon.

"Ah, I see! That's how it shoots a bunch!" she said ecstatically, playing with the loaded bullets pushed into the barrel.

"That's standard-issue in Marley." the extremely tall woman named Yelena explained, taking a sip from her teacup.

"The Marley army has 20,000 soldiers per division. With 50 divisions, thats 1,000,000 soldiers." she turned in her chair a bit to look at a figure who was standing in the corner of the tent, hands tied behind their back.