CH. ELEVEN | Heaven and Earth

*small heads up, i will be following the manga for the rest of this story so anime only's be aware for potential spoilers*

            "STANDARD ISSUES WILL be easier to operate for you guys in my opinion. Usually, beginners are trained with them which makes it better to start. We can begin the practice runs whenever you feel ready."

Y/N spoke while running her fingers against the metal barrel of a handgun.

She stood in front of two large groups consisting of most of the Scouts. Hange had given her the duty of supervising and demonstrating the foreign weapons brought to the island from the fleets, having the most knowledge and experience.

After the long hours of heaving those extremely heavy crates onto a wagon which was to be pulled into the walls to their training grounds, Y/N felt a bit worn out, everyone else on the other hand had been exhausted.

Most of the crates were filled with wine, which were taken by Yelena who dealt with the distribution. It was assumed to be a gift, since Marleyan wine was a delicacy which enriched famous dishes and different cuisine.

The remaining ones were military weapons, consisting of different types of weaponry. Handguns, rifles, belts made of bullets, and grenades all lay within the wood, stacked neatly and unloaded.

Taking out a belt, Y/N put it around her torso, setting down the gun in her hands and reaching for a rifle that sat disassembled in some parts.

"In order to prevent accidental fatalities and injuries, this artillery is always unloaded then taken apart after use. It's easier to put away like that as well."

Teaching in any other way besides combat wasn't her specialty, but she managed.

After putting the undone pieces together, she loaded two bullets into the barrel and turned away from everyone facing a target. Eyeing it heavily she cocked the gun while her finger hovered over the trigger, waiting for the perfect time to pull.

With the hitch of her breath, she pulled the trigger hitting the target directly with a loud boom, no aftermath throwing her off. Cocking the gun once again she shot another one at the same target, burning a hole right through the wooden plank.

Everyone around her awed, whispering to eachother. Though they've already had some experience with this type of weapon, it was nice to see a 'foreigner' demonstrate in their own way.

"Handguns are prone to be more efficient and effective if your target is direct."

She set the rifle on the floor pointing the head away from everyone and grabbed the handgun from earlier off of the crate.

"There are different types of these guns though, and at most they vary from their makers. This type will always be second on my list. An automatic could shoot out more bullets in at least thirty seconds. Semi's serve the same purpose too."

Y/N turned back to face her new target, a glass bottle, as she was eyeing it closely. She never faltered, shooting out three metal bullets which shattered the glass completely leaving the shards flying everywhere.

"With these ones, you shouldn't have to cock it unless it's that model type. It should be located on the top, but as you can see, nothing is there." she explained, pointing to the top of the weapon in demonstration.

"In order to load your bullets into position getting ready for a blitz, there's this pin under the trigger that you push, it's more slim to not be misinterpreted as the actual trigger. This was made to resemble the way you cock it, just much easier."

While Y/N was demonstrating, Eren who sat up front closest to her was lost in thought. There were some things he just couldn't get off of his mind, even throughout the whole day.