"Grimshaw doesn't know her goddamn place."

"I think your problem, ese, is that she does."

"That bitch deserves to be gutted and thrown into a ditch."

Bill knew a threat when he heard one and Micah's outburst was as cold-blooded and sincere as they come.

When all he got in response was their silence, Micah leaned back and chuckled. "Why the looks? I ain't serious."

"Wouldn't bother me, if you were," Cleet commented mildly. "She kicked me out of camp yesterday and wouldn't let come back 'til I bathed proper-like. Cost me two damn dollars in Annesburg."

Not knowing what else to do, Bill dealt the cards, essentially inviting Micah to stay in their company. As they started betting, Micah started talking. His big mouth wouldn't let him do otherwise. Bill ain't never met man who talked so much shit all the time.

"Be cautious if you're heading into town again," Javier advised Cleet. "I wouldn't be surprised if Milton's waiting, ready to catch us unawares down there."

Micah sneered. "Do you boys actually think those Pinkertons are near?"

Javier said, "It's not good. What more is there to say?"

Bill insisted, "But Dutch will get us moved if they get too close."

Micah leaned in conspiratorially. "I sure do wonder how that keeps happening."

"We weren't quiet about getting rid of Cornwall," Javier admitted.

"They was on us before then and you know it," Micah said sharply. "I'm talking about something else, a conspiracy against us."

Javier eyed him. "Then maybe you should talk straight instead of making us guess."

Micah's expression turned contrite. "Well, now. I don't wanna bring up any bad blood between the lot of you."

"Sure you don't."

"But I'm thinkin' someone 'round here is more than they say they is."

Cleet nodded in apparent agreement, despite the fact that his focus remained on his cards.

"Like what?" Bill asked.

Micah leaned across the table and said in a low voice, "Like a rat, you dipshit."

"A rat?" Bill balked and looked around at the camp.

Javier stared at Micah, unblinking. "And who exactly are you accusing, Micah?"

Micah shrugged. "Ain't my business to make accusations."

"No," Javier agreed. "It isn't."

"Just wanted to put out there, so we can be cautious. After all, what's that uppity Charlotte woman doing sticking around?"

"Get to your point, Micah," Javier said impatiently.

Bill added, "She done something suspicious?"

"It's suspicious enough she's here. She don't need to stick around, unless she wants something."

Bill still didn't get it. "What would she want with a bunch of outlaws?"

"Ain't it obvious? How many of us is she willing to turn in?"

Bill couldn't help but cast a nervous glance in Charlotte's direction, where she sat sewing, seemingly with all innocence. "You think she means to set us up?"

"Think about it, Williamson," Micah implored. "More than a few of us got some real high bounties. All she needs is to turn in one."

Javier frowned, quiet a moment as if to consider it. "Arthur trusts her."