The Descent

It was sunrise and I changed into the outfit I packed till I get to Ollie's to shower and change.
~~~~~~~~~~
Ronnie dropped me off at Ollie's and I showered and changed into this and threw my hair up.

I told Ollie I'd meet her at the school to help with cleanup at the barbecue thing going on

I told Ollie I'd meet her at the school to help with cleanup at the barbecue thing going on. I finally had the chance to look at my phone to see Elena has called me 10 times since this morning and left 1 voicemail. I decided to listen to the voicemail.

'Hey Cass, listen. Rose was bitten by a werewolf last night and she probably won't make it. This might be your only chance to say goodbye. She's at the Salvatore's.'

After that I cancelled on Ollie and raced to the Salvatore's.

I ran inside and ran to Damon's room where I knew she'd most likely be given he's her mate. God this must be killing him inside.

I came to her side just as Elena got off the phone. "Hey Ric needs me. Are you gonna be okay here?" She asked us both. "We'll be fine. Go." Rose said. I nodded. She left and I immediately turned to Rose. "You're not dying on my watch. The bite. It's magic isn't it? The venom? I can siphon it. I can siphon the bite and heal you." I said. "Okay. We can try." Rose said weakly.

I went to where the bite was and put my hands on it and started siphoning. I could feel the venom leaving her body but it was entering mine. I started to feel weak and drained but I didn't stop. Finally when I felt all the venom leave Rose I stopped and stood up. Almost immediately I started to fall back. Rose caught me just before my head hit the ground.

~~~~~~~
Rose's pov
I immediately called Damon when she fainted. "Rose? What's wrong?!" Damon asked frantically. Scared for his mate. "I'm healed. Like completely healed." I said. "How?" He asked. "Cassie Gilbert is a siphon. She siphoned all the venom from my body. The bite is completely healed. But it took a toll on her. She fainted right after." I explained. "Ok. I'm on my way. Just put her in our bed until she wakes up. Grab her some water for when she wakes up." Damon said and hung up.

After an hour of Damon and I waiting Cassie finally gasped awake and shot up from the bed. "Rose? It worked?" She asked. "It did. Thank you so much. I owe you my life." I said hugging her. "Okay. I need to get to Ollie at the barbecue. Have fun you two." Cass said walking downstairs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to Cass

Before I left the Boarding House Damon stopped me. "Witchy. Wait." He said. "Yes Damon?" I asked. "Thank you." He said. "What?" I asked shocked. "Thank you for saving Rose. I know I haven't been the nicest to you in the past but I appreciate you helping her. I just found her. I can't lose her this early." He said. "Well you're welcome. Do t waste any more time with her. You have your mate. There's no reason to pine after Elena anymore. Take care Damon." I said and walked out.

After loosing all that energy I decided to just go to Ollie's and sleep the rest of the day. I texted the girls and told them what happened and that I'd be asleep the rest of the day.

~~~~~~~~
I woke up and was getting some food from the kitchen when I overheard Caroline and Tyler outside. "Everyone just needs to stop kissing me!" She said and came inside. "You okay Care?" I asked. "Yeah. Just boy drama." She said walking to her room.

I had a quick bowl of froot loops and then went back to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~