𝟡. 𝔸𝕗𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕕 𝕋𝕠 𝔹𝕖 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕝- 𝕄𝕚𝕪𝕒𝕧𝕚

The taste in your mouth was funny

The taste in your mouth was funny. Bitter, almost rusty. You rested your palm on the cold metal handle before opening the door. As your feet dragged your body the stale smell followed you out of the bedroom into the kitchen. You wouldn't have woken up if it wasn't for the noise your mother had been making with the dishes.

The blinds hanging by your window were thick, letting in no sunshine whatsoever when closed. They made it always seem like it's a deep night when you opened your eyes. Or that it's really cloudy. Most of the time it was not.

"Good morning, sleepyhead. Glad you're finally awake. We're out of bread and eggs, I need you to go to the grocery store."

You blinked with eyelids still swollen after hours of sleep, slowly processing the request your mother made. It was hard to comprehend anything while still being on standby regime. Sleepiness kept on pulling your shoulders down to the floor, making you bend your back and head fall.

"Eh... why can't dad go...?" Confused question seeped through your puffy lips as you rubbed your eyes.

"He's still asleep."

...why can't you go? You did not ask that, not really having a death wish this early in the morning.

"Hurry up so I can make breakfast!" Her morning energy has always been one of the biggest mysteries to you. Where does she keep getting it from? No one knows.

You sighed and retreated to your room. Opening the blinds along with the window you let in the fresh morning air. You changed into sweatpants, but for the lack of energy and clean shirts you simply picked up an old hoodie from the floor and threw it around your shoulders nonchalantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~°˖✧✿✧˖°~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The shoes you wore kept scrapping the skin off your heels and pinkie toes as the soles pushed against the pavement's surface. It was you own fault, since you did not even bother to put on some socks.

It's way too early for this shit.

You bopped your head with earbuds in your ears into the rhythm as you walked. Your hands were buried deep in the hoodie's pockets, playing with an empty candy wrapping you found there. A fabric bag swinged on your shoulder with each step.

I can bring your beast back
Break that cage and free that
I know you want to be that, be that, be that

It was nice outside. Not necessarily sunny, yet not raining either. The sky was bright, colored in very light hue of blue with sun illuminating the neighborhood gently through a thin layer of clouds. The air smelled like mowed grass and kept brushing against your pink cheeks.

You pushed your palm against the small store's entrance, opening the door for yourself. You made your way to the pastry sections straight away, breathing in the scent of butter and flour. The warmth still rose from some of the food. It even tickled the skin of your palms as they picked up a loaf of bread and slid it a paper bag.