₀₀ Dumbledore

-ALORA WAS CURRENTLY sitting on the dusty bed of the orphanage reading a book she had stolen from the library since the kids there weren't allowed to entertain themselves with books that weren't for school

As long as she could remember, this place was her home. The place she would return to every night, and lay at her bed daydreaming for the moment she could be able to open her wings and fly away.

The only buoyant thing about this place was that no one could care less about what you do outside of the orphanage as long as you come back every night. So Alora took every advantage of their negligent attitude and go out every day.

From the moment she woke up, until the curfew they had set, the little girl was outdoors enjoying her freedom.

Today was her eleventh birthday, she wore the best clothes she could find and sneaked out to visit her favourite bakery. She pushed the door with her small hands and walked straight to the kitchens where the girl was always welcomed with open arms.

"Look who's here, our birthday girl" Maria hugged her, running a hand through Alora's hair before the little girl pulled away.

"Not the hair Maria you know this" Alora smiled. Maria was a baker, her specialities were chocolate cookies and croissants, the woman was around her twenties with bright blond hair and beautiful emerald green eyes.

"Right I forgot, you're obsessed with your hair" Maria rolled her eyes jokingly.

"As much as you're obsessed with your boyfriend" the little girl gave her a knowing look before running off to Thomas, the bakery's owner.

"Oh she got you there Maria" Thomas laughed picking the girl up to spin her around. "How's my favourite customer doing?"

"I'm doing just fine, and I have so many things to tell you guys-" Alora sat on the small wooden chair crossing her legs, "This fine guy from two years above wished me a happy birthday today"

"Really? And what did you say?" Maria gasped, interested in the conversation.

"I just said 'Thanks' and then turned away because I don't want the guy to think I find him attractive. That would ruin my plan of acting as if I hate him, you know."

"Why are you acting as if you hate him?" Thomas raised an eyebrow.

"Because Thomas, guys find it hot when a girl hates them so that's the way to make him run after me," The brunette said, "You should try it sometime Lucy to get the guy from table number 6, I can help" Alora looked over at Lucy who was currently washing the dishes.