XII. Love Interest

Start from the beginning

I found a very good sign. A word that came out so naturally from the Duchess' mouth. 'Our Clara'. It was a title that contained many changes.

Of course, it may be because I stuck by her every day and brainwashed her into liking Clara; but the friendly title from mother's mouth saved Clara's face.

I sneaked a glance at Mrs Lisbon's eyes. It is no exaggeration to say that the number of employees who treat Clara carelessly has decreased significantly, perhaps because she has become close to our parents and made her official debut into society as Valentine's daughter.

"I've been told. Especially Theo, it must have been a sudden situation, but thank you for taking care of it without panicking."

"I just did what was natural."

Theo, who will succeed his father in the future as Valentine's head, accepted the compliment with his dignified appearance.

Despite the sudden situation, the Duke was very happy that he managed to finish his daughter's debut ball, which was a big event, safely.

"Isaac also came to the party for some reason. Normally, he would never have come without Ciel."

"Because, father wasn't there."

Isaac made such an excuse without wetting his lips. Whether it was true or not, it was really great news for the Duke of Valentine, who values harmony.

There was someone who was left alone in such a friendly atmosphere, and he was our Louis.

"Hmm. Everyone likes Clara."

Louis was sulking because of the lack of attention.

He also protected me by even confronting Count Ruben, so my father would have praised him greatly if he knew.

However, if I tell my parents about it, things will get bigger, so I decided to keep it a secret that only my siblings know.

Louis, who was not recognized by our parents, had a very sad face. I can't help it. I have no choice but to step up. I came down from the chair on purpose and went to Louis's side.

"Ciel likes brother Louis, too."

Do you know that I call you "brother" but only when you're sad? When I approached on purpose and patted his head, all the eyes of the family gathered.

"You both were bored staying at home, right? I'll make sure to take you next time."

"It was okay because my brother took good care of me. Thank you, brother."

When I said that Louis, who usually likes to bully me and calls me ugly or stupid, took good care of me; mom and dad felt proud. Louis' face was smiling broadly even though he pretended not to be because of the obvious compliment.

It was an atmosphere to talk around. At the end of the breakfast, the Duke of Valentine prepared a gift for Clara and gathered the whole family after a long time.

"I was late this time trying to save this. Actually, I wanted to give it to you yesterday, but it was too late because of the heavy rain."

"Where did you get this?"

"I thought you'd like it, so I got it. Raise them well."

Although it looks like a piece of grass to me, Clara even shed tears and loved it.

It turned out that Dad gave Clara a present, a precious herb seedling that was hard to find.

"Clara has made her social debut now, so it's Ciel's turn."

Suddenly, the arrow came back to me. When everyone's eyes were on me, I rolled my eyes and looked away

"Ciel is not going to get married and will live with his mom and dad for the rest of his life."