What Ezra, the Knights, and the Paladins didn't know is that the Mercenary in question, who was Errol, had just arrived at the Transfer Point, looking like a sewer rat with bleeding wounds caused by the blades, arrows, and spells those crazy bastards inflicted on him.

Errol knew who those Knights and Paladins might be, that was why he never attacked and just defended. But those bastards, even when he screamed at the top of his lungs trying to explain himself and the vague relationship he had with the little girl, those fuckers did not even listen and just kept attacking!

He then gave up talking to these crazy deaf-acting bastards and ran for his dear life. He ran faster while doing his best to dodge the attacks and escape the attackers. With his great effort, it bore fruit, and now, standing in front of the Transfer Point, Errol looks back at the people who were chasing him, cheekily grins at them, and holds up his middle finger.

"So long, brothers! Better luck next time! Hahahahaha!"

The little girl had just spared his life, so of course Errol wouldn't let these clueless bastards take that life for granted.

With his crisp laughter echoing, Errol then stepped into the Transfer Point, leaving the Knights and Paladins with dark faces.

"Did that bastard stick his middle finger at us? He dares?!"

"...I'll keep this tab. For sure, I will meet that Mercenary again. Hehe, he just waits."

The Hunting Ground was wide. Each of the groups who reached the farthest and deepest area encountered the fewest monsters compared to others. Even though they used some spells to hasten their moves, considering the distance, they still arrived when all was said and done. The same goes for the groups belonging to Ezra and Everett.

Ezra's already dark and cold eyes worsened even more when he arrived and the said Mercenary was nowhere in sight.

His men had failed.

Ezra swept his cold and piercing eyes over the Knights and Paladins who encountered and chased the Mercenary, waiting for whatever they had to say. Unfortunately, because of the fear the Knights and Paladins felt towards him, all they could do was lower their heads, unable to even meet his eyes.

"...AHAHAHAHAH!"

The sudden laughter that erupted from Ezra sent shivers down the Knights and Paladins' spines. The laughter sounded like it came from hell, chilling.

Ezra felt like he was losing it. He was really close to losing it.

Just why the fuck did every single thing not go his fucking way?!

Reality never bent to one's will, Ezra knew that. It always cut like a sharp blade, reminding everyone of its harshness. Anyone who touched it got hurt. From the slightest pain to the most lethal one.

Still, just once, just fucking once, couldn't it even favor him? Even just for the sake of his innocent daughter?

"...Father."

Everett, who worriedly watched his father laughing like he was an inch away from exploding, helplessly gritted his teeth.

The young Paladin knew that whatever kind of consoling words he might say, none of it would work with how his father was acting right now. It would only do the opposite and make things worse than they already were.

"Everett, we have to-"

"Not now, Raison. Things will only go south if we provoke father more."

"...Okay."

Ezra's booming and chilling laughter lasted for a whole thirty seconds, his face upturned as pricks of drizzle hit him. His cold, piercing eyes stared at the dark clouds that were starting to scatter little by little.