Chapter 8

Shadow, Jack, Yusei, Akiza, Luna and Leo enters Goodwin's Office.

Goodwin: Welcome, Signers and friends. It's unfortunate that it had this long to get you all here, but alas....I am that you are here now.

Jack: Something smells fishy here.

Shadow: I'll say.

Yusei: What exactly is it that you want from us, Goodwin?

Goodwin: Not much love for me here, is there? Well then, let's get straight to the point. Behold!

Goodwin snapped his fingers, suddenly everyone to some kind of temple. Everyone was shocked by seeing this.

Shadow: The hell?

Leo: Where are we?

Jack: I've been here before. This is where I learned about the Signers.

Goodwin: This temple lies beneath the mansion.

Luna notices the markings around the temple.

Luna: That looks like our markings.

Shadow: Yeah it does.

Akiza: It's the Crimson Dragon....

Goodwin: That's right. It's the mark of the Signers passed down as a celestial legend. I'm sure you all saw it, too....The vision that the Crimson Dragon showed us during the Fortune Cup.

Yusei: Yes, we did.

Goodwin: That was all part of its guidance for us. You all coming to New Domino City was also part of the path that it laid for us....

Shadow: So you're saying we were all led here?

Yusei: No! That was all part of Goodwin's plot to trick us into going there!

Jack: This has nothing to do with the Crimson Dragon! We chose our own fates!

Suddenly Goodwin snapped his fingers and they were back in his office.

Goodwin: That, in itself, is the destiny brought forth by the power of the Crimson Dragon. I am merely following the guidance of the Crimson Dragon. That is all.

Jack: Do you expect us to believe that crap?!

Goodwin: What you choose to believe is up to you. But as long as you are Signers with power granted by the Crimson Dragon, you cannot escape fate.

Akiza: If everything is "Destiny" as you say, is it also that I was cursed with this power? This miserable power that so many, and has caused me to be hated and feared by everyone!

Shadow holds her hand and she grabs his hand as well.

Luna: Akiza...

Goodwin: But without that power, you would have met the friends that stands before you and the one that loves you.

Akiza smiles at Shadow making him blush.

Goodwin: And your fates are still unknown. Such is the case for you, Luna.

Luna: Me?

Leo looks at his sister with a nervous and annoyed look.

Goodwin: You are all the reincarnations of the legendary Signers. This is the fate that was promised a few thousand years ago. You cannot fight against that.

Leo: Hey wait! Weren't there supposed to be 5 Signers?

Jack: He's right. There's only 4 here.

Yusei: Is it possible that Shadow is a Signer?