Warriors Bow

I woke up later than usual with no Neteyam by my side.  I looked around to hopefully find him but saw nothing. 

I slept better last night and that voided feeling dimmed down I felt better but still not great. 

I got up to walk around the forest some more.  When I stood up and started walking away I heard something behind me.  And hid behind a tree. 

"Calm down y/n" I heard neteyam say, "it's just me"

I looked out from behind the tree to see him only with my head. I felt embarrassed that I opened up to him so much.  I just wanted to be stronger.

"Look about last night, i need you to never say anything to anyone about it," I said bluntly.

Neteyam came over to me behind the tree and wrapped me in a hug, "I won't I just want you to feel better,"

I pulled away from the hug, "where were you," I asked him. 

"Dad called me back to the hut asking where we were," he said to me grabbing my hand.

He begun walking me out of the forest and that void feeling grew more.  I tried to push it down because I didn't want anyone else to see me as weak.

We walked over to the hut and the whole family was in there including Tsireya.  They all stopped and turned to me with a smile greeting me. 

"What's going on," I asked Neteyam, he just shrugged and pulled me Into the group.

"Y/n, I know you went through a lot and you're still healing from it," Jake said trying to comfort me.  I really did not want to talk about this. 

"Every forest Navi has a bow" neytiri started, "now, we know you were born from the sea but we want you to have this," she finished by handing me a bow. 

It looked so much nicer than me last one and I held it strong.  "When did you have time to make this,?" I asked them and they just dismissed my question. 

"It a warriors bow, you deserve one" Kiri said to me kindly. 

"Thank you guys so much," I told them smiling. 

"Go Test it out," Jake said to me. 

I got up to walk out of the hut and turned around and smiled at everyone again.  I nodded my head for Neteyam to follow me and he got up with joy on his face.

We ran into the woods hand in hand.  He looked so happy and not as worried which made me happy. 

We got deeper into the forest and stopped,  Neteyam  pointed out to a target that I guess he made.  I held my bow and some arrows that he handed to me. 

I looked at the target and pulled my bow with an arrow on it.  I was trying to get it in my sights when I could feel Neteyam looking at me with pure love and enjoyment in his eyes.

"You need to tighten your core," he said putting his hand on my stomach and walking behind me.  I flexed my core more and he smiled. 

I felt him kiss my shoulder, "good now you need to get a better taller stance," he said coming out from behind me to show me was he meant. 

I followed as what he did, the only thing he corrected was my arm by slightly moving it up.  Neteyam got closer looking at where I was pointing, I looked down through my arrow and fired a shot. 

It landed right into the bullseye, the outer side of it but still the bullseye.  I looked at my bow smiling and just in absolute awe. 

"Do you like it?" Neteyam asked

I looked up to him, "absolutely I love it, I also love you thank you," I said the second part not even thinking about it.

Neteyam pulled me closer to him and looked into my eyes, I looked back into his kind of confused by his actions.  He kissed my forehead again and picked me up. 

"What are you doing?" I asked him laughing. 

"Spinning," he said before I could ask him what he meant, he started to spin us and we both laughed starting to get dizzy. 

He sat me back down and ran around a tree with me behind him.  I don't think either of us knew where we were going but we spent a few hours in the forest. 

"Hey I've got to get back," he said, "do you want to come or stay here to practice," he asked me. 

"I can stay here" I told him smiling, "I'll be okay," I said not even believing my words.  I'd like to spend some time alone though. 

He smile and gave me a kiss on the cheek before walking away.  I held my bow in my hands and went back to the target.  I practiced for a few more hours by myself. 

Pulled to check my next arrow but when I did I had a flashback to the ship.  Before I died, all the blood a gore.  I know they deserved it but I did all those things. 

I shut my eyes feeling a head ache coming on.  I knelt on the ground as the feeling swarmed around me again.  I saw my death replay in my head again and the cold embrace.

I felt my physical body fall to the ground and start shaking.  Was I having a seizure?   The images kept appearing in my head and I finally shut them out thinking about Neteyam.  My body would stop and start again and I lost track of how many times it did it.

I didn't move as I had no clue what just happened and stayed still mentally.  I opened my eyes to see a silhouette running towards me.  Neteyam came closer and I felt groggy so I just smiled at him. 

"Hey y/n, are you okay," he asked sitting beside me moving me around. "What just happened,"

"Yeah I'm okay, just a little tired," I said trying to stand up.  Neteyam helped me get up the rest of the way.  He looked scared starring back at me.

I was looking around realizing just the amount of time that had passed.  It was already getting dark, "how long have I been out here," I asked

"Almost all day, how long gave you been having seizures" he asked like I was keeping them from him. 

"This was my first time if that's what it was," I said to him.  I looked at him and looked so scarred he was upset.

Yeah that's what that was," he said huffing he looked around us which confused me. "You're not going to like me for this," he said grabbing my bow off the ground pulling me along side with him.  He held my hand tight and I followed confused. 

"For what?" I asked but he didn't answer.  To other people he probably seemed mad but to me I could see he was just scared.