always

"fucking hell, i miss you!" y/n exclaimed as she groaned, billie giving her a sad smile through the facetime.

"i miss you too baby." she admitted, her eyes starting to get glossy as she thought about how long it had been since she'd been held by her girlfriend.

"how long has it been into lockdown?" y/n asked, quite unsure of the answer.

"uhh i don't know- four months i think?" billie answered in a questioning tone as she thought back to when lockdown had started. "yeah, four months."

"holy fuck, that's so long. i-"

"that's what she said." billie snickered which made y/n roll her eyes with a slight laugh.

"shut up." she chuckled. "anyway, i can't believe we managed to stay alive without seeing each other for that long." y/n added, billie pouting at her words.

"i know! it's a miracle i'm breathing." she said with a smile, y/n laughing softly at her response.

"i love you." y/n admitted with a sigh.

"i love you."

y/n lied down on her bed and brought the phone closer to her. "do you have any idea how lucky i am to call you mine?"

billie blushed at this as she bit her bottom lip, trying to suppress her smile. she opened her mouth to say she was the lucky one but y/n beat her to it.

"don't say you're luckier." she chuckled, billie hiding her face in her hands. "i'm the luckiest bitch alive. like, actually. i can't belive i get to call you mine." she let out a dreamy sigh. "you're the prettiest person i've ever laid eyes on."

billie let out a whine as she removed her hands from her face, a red tint still present on her cheeks. "stop making me blush!" she giggled and y/n wanted to melt on the spot upon hearing the sound. "i love you so much." billie added, y/n's smile growing wide.

"and i love you."

-----------------

y/n looked down at her notebook and read the lyrics she'd decided would make up the chorus with a smile.

you were meant for me to find
it's out of my hands, there's nothing left to do but
cruise and just enjoy the ride
wherever i go, i wanna go with you

she sighed softly as she thought about billie, closing her eyes as she brainstormed more lyrics.

there's a warmth in your face that's familiar
and out of nowhere i'm spilling my secrets to you
you're made of safety with sprinkles of danger
i think i'm falling in love with a stranger

the smile evident on her face, she thought about all the things she wanted to do with billie. she wanted to visit every city together and make memories to last a lifetime.

she truly loved billie and knew she was her person. she just hoped she wasn't moving too fast.

let's make a memory in every city
so when you visit again, you can't help but think of me
sorry i'm moving too fast
just wanna hit the gas, and never look backwards
tell me are you good with that?

she bit down on her bottom lip before letting out a soft laugh, thinking about how smitten she was. though it scared the living shit out of her, she knew she loved billie to death.

and nothing was going to change that.

-----------------

billie
baby