you're hot

y/n almost froze when she realized who the voice belonged to.

it couldn't be.

she turned towards the direction of the voice and her eyes widened.

billie.

"billie-! i uhm- hi!" she managed to choke out, completely embarrassed by the fact that she had just been caught by the person she was thirsting over. billie chuckled and y/n got up, holding her hand out for billie to shake.

billie smiled and shook her head as she engulfed y/n in a hug. "hey." she said back, as y/n wrapped her arms around her, surprised.

they pulled away from the hug a few seconds later and sat down.

"i just wanted-" billie started.

"i love your-" y/n said at the same time.

both of them looked at each other and giggled.

"sorry, go on. i didn't mean to cut you off." billie said to y/n, to which she shook her head. "no no, its okay. go ahead." y/n said back, causing billie to smile.

"okay well, i was going to say that i just wanted to come over and say hi. i really enjoy your music! huge fan." billie smiled, y/n trying her hardest not to blush.

"aw thank you! your music got me through a shit ton, so i'm a huge fan of yours too." y/n smiled back.

"well clearly you're a fan considering the fact that you were watching edits of me.." billie trailed off, half joking.

hey not my fault you're hot

billie's eyes widened as she blushed a little, knowing damn well y/n did not mean to say that out loud.

"why thank you." she chuckled and y/n looked at her, confused.

and then it hit her. "oh fuck, did i say that out loud?" her cheeks turned red out of embarrassment. "i'm- i'm so sorry i didn't mean to-"

"it's okay mama, don't worry about it." billie smiled and looked at y/n, who was already blushing at the choice of name.

they sat in silence for a few seconds before y/n decided to speak up. "oh uh by the way, congratulations on your wins! you totally deserve them." she smiled at billie.

"thank youu." billie chuckled and smiled back at her. "although i was hoping you would win best new artist. you deserved it."

y/n smiled at her and shook her head. "no you deserve it more. i'm glad you won."

"but you-" billie was cut off by someone on stage telling people to get back to their seats since the next category was going to be announced.

y/n and billie looked at the stage and then back at each other. "well i guess i'll get going then. nice meeting you, y/n!" billie smiled as she got up.

"nice meeting you too, billie." y/n stood up and smiled back, and billie waved goodbye, before turning around and walking away. y/n sat down and sighed, still recovering from the embarrassment.

around a minute later, joshua came back and sat next to her. "what took you so long?" y/n questioned. "i was going to come back earlier but then i saw you talking to billie and decided i'd give you guys some privacy." he smirked at her.

y/n punched his arm playfully. "fuck you, josh. you should've come back earlier! i completely embarrassed myself." she shook her head, disappointed in herself. "of course you did. what'd you do this time?" josh chuckled.

"she came here when i was watching an edit of her and i didn't realize until she was like 'you gonna talk or just watch edits.'" y/n huffed and josh laughed loudly. "oh my god you fucking idiot."

y/n rolled her eyes and continued. "and as if that wasn't bad enough, i called her hot without realizing i said it out loud." y/n groaned, thinking back on how embarrassing that was.

joshua laughed harder at this one and y/n hit his arm. "stop laughinggg it was really embarrassing." y/n whined. "you're so fucking dumb it's so funny." josh continued laughing. "fuck you." y/n crossed her arms.

a few seconds later, joshua stopped laughing and looked at y/n. "you got her number though, right?" he questioned.

"oh fuck." y/n looked at him.

"you really are fucking stupid y/n. how could you not get her number oh my god." he shook his head.

"hey i was just so embarrassed that i forgot about it.." y/n sighed.

"ruined your chances with her." he sighed. "not that you had a chance in the first place." he chuckled at his own joke and y/n punched his arm. "shut up stupid."

she glanced at billie who was already staring at her. but she quickly looked away when y/n caught her staring. "weird." y/n thought, but just shrugged it off.

sometime later, all the categories had been announced and everyone was currently at the after party. y/n hadn't won a single grammy. but honestly, she didn't care. she was just grateful to be nominated. besides, the awards were given to billie, someone who completely deserved it. so y/n wasn't all too pressed about it.

"y/n stop being so boring and come dance or somethinggg." josh said, pulling y/n up to her feet and snatching her phone from her. "i don't want toooo." y/n whined and sat back down, taking back her phone. joshua sighed and sat down beside her.

"you don't have to sit here with me, josh. just go have fun."

"and leave you alone here? no thanks. knowing you, you'd probably run off." josh shook his head and y/n chuckled, knowing he was right.

"wait here i'll go get us something to drink." josh said, to which y/n nodded as he walked away.

a few seconds later, someone sat next to y/n. "bro look at this edit she's so fucking hot." y/n showed the phone to them, hearing a soft chuckle in response.

that did not sound like josh.

y/n looked up from her phone and to her right to see her.

oh fuck not again.

"fuck im- im sorry i- i thought you were my friend.." y/n stuttered, causing billie to let out a giggle.

"you don't have to apologize, don't worry. i've seen people say worse." billie replied, smiling.

y/n chuckled nervously and nodded, really embarrassed about what just happened. she accidentally called billie hot to her face not once, but twice.

"soo what's up?" billie asked, trying to make conversation.

"oh i was just waiting for my friend. he said he was gonna get us something to drink." y/n replied.

"ah the same friend who you were gonna show that edit to and call me hot?" billie joked.

y/n's face turned bright red out of embarrassment and let out a nervous chuckle. "yeah..him.."

they sat in silence for a few minutes until billie spoke up. "hey, i know we met only today but like, i was wondering if maybe i could get your number or something?"

-----------------

y/n is so embarrassing i swear

thanks for reading <3