honeymoon fades

"hi jem, hi baby." billie said in her baby voice as she carried the foster puppy in her arms, sitting down on her bed. "you're so cute baby." she spoke in the same voice, bringing the puppy close to her face and giggling as he licked her face.

billie sighed, placing the puppy on her lap and petting him. "i miss y/n." she mumbled, scratching his head. "you're tired of me saying that to you everyday, aren't you?" billie laughed softly, noticing how the puppy was slowly closing his eyes.

it had been about two weeks since she'd seen y/n or even contacted her, and she sure did miss her girlfriend. she wanted to reach out to her but she was too scared and before she knew it, she was stuck in quarantine.

in the time she spent trying to get y/n out of her mind, she went out and fostered two puppies - jem and maudie. the two tiny creatures were adorable and billie couldn't get enough of them. oh, and her ankle had finally healed!

she did really miss y/n, however. they hadn't spoken since the day y/n blurted out that she loved her. and billie felt terrible for not reaching out, but she thought y/n hated her. so she saw no point in contacting her.

she didn't even know if they were together anymore. what if y/n assumed that their relationship was over and had already found someone else?

billie shuddered at the thought, quickly dismissing it. y/n wouldn't do that to her, she knew she wouldn't.

she had to talk to y/n but she wanted to do it in person. she thought quarantine would last only two weeks, but looks like it was going to be longer than that.

however, it was only the shops that were closed. people were still allowed to visit each other, provided it wasn't a huge crowd and everyone was following the safety protocols.

perhaps, billie could go see her today.

she looked down at the sleepy puppy on her lap, cracking a smile at the sight. "i can't wait for her to meet you." she sighed, giving the little guy a gentle pat on the head.

she lifted him off her lap and instead placed him on his bed on the floor, petting him for a few seconds before walking over to her closet.

she picked out some clothes that she thought might impress y/n and put on light make up, wanting to look good while telling her girlfriend that she loved her.

she made her way to the living room and talked to her parents about it, explaining the situation and how essential it was that billie went over right now to clear things up. reluctantly, her parents agreed to let her go over, but only after reminding her about the safety protocols.

she got into her car and turned on the ignition, cranking up the music as she drove to y/n's house which was only a few blocks away. she kept checking her phone to see if by any chance, y/n would reach out to her. but much to her dismay, she never did. biting down on her lip nervously, she looked back at the road as she made her way to her lover's house.

she stood outside the door anxiously, wondering if this was stupid. perhaps, she shouldn't have come here. what if y/n hated her? she couldn't bear the thought of y/n refusing to talk to her.

just as she took in a deep breath and braced herself with her hand about to ring the doorbell, the door swung open, revealing y/n's father holding a trash can. billie looked up at him with wide eyes before clearing her throat.

"i'm uh, i'm here for y/n? is she there?" she asked, not sure why she was intimidated by the old man, considering the fact that she had gotten quite close to y/n's family over the past few months.

"hey billie." he smiled at her, immediately putting her at ease as she smiled back. "she's in her room."

billie thanked the man as she walked inside the house, making her way up the stairs and outside y/n's room. she took in a deep breath, telling herself that there was no point turning back anymore. she was going to tell y/n she loved her and nothing was going to stop her.

she knocked two times, anxiously waiting for an answer as she fiddled nervously with her rings. when there was no answer she tried once again before deciding to just go in.

as she slowly opened the door, she found y/n facing away from the door, dancing around to the loud music playing from the speakers. a smile formed on billie's face as she watched her girlfriend enjoy herself, falling more in love with her than she already had been.

she stood there for a good two minutes just watching her girlfriend before deciding to actually do something. she slowly made her way further into the room and cautiously wrapped her arms around y/n's waist from behind, placing a soft kiss on her neck. "hey." she whispered, y/n immediately jumping at the sudden contact.

she turned around to face billie, her eyes wide as she noticed her. she couldn't believe billie had finally come over to talk to her, she'd been waiting for this moment for two whole weeks.

"billie?" she asked, stepping a little away from the girl. "you're..here?"

"i'm here." billie gave her a nervous smile as she scratched the back of her neck anxiously, not really sure of what else to say.

"i'm sorry i left like that the other day." she finally said, looking into y/n's eyes. "i shouldn't have done that."

"no, it's my fault. i said it too soon and i'm so sor-"

"no, don't be sorry." billie cut her off before taking in a deep breath, the song playing now switching to 'honeymoon fades' by sabrina carpenter

she stepped closer to her girlfriend, taking her hands in her own and giving them a squeeze. "i love you, y/n. i love you so much. i've loved you since before we even started dating." she let out a nervous laugh before continuing. "it's just that- you really took me by surprise that day. i wanted to say it back, i really did. but i just couldn't, i froze. and for that, i'm sorry. i'm sorry for running off like that too. but i love you, really." she finished, staring into y/n's eyes anxiously.

"it's okay." y/n's face softened as her lips curved into a smile. "i never meant to say it the other day, but i did mean what i said. i get that you were surprised and i don't blame you. i'm just glad we're good now."

"i love you." billie spoke honestly, y/n pulling the blue-eyed beauty closer to her by her waist.

"i love you." y/n replied, connecting their lips in a kiss - one that was filled with nothing but love.

billie's arms snaked around y/n's neck as she pushed herself against her, really missing kissing her after not being able to for two weeks.

y/n pushed billie up against the wall as one of her hands held her jaw, the other having a firm grip on her waist as she leaned in further.

i hope we never change
i hope we stay the same
i hope that we can love through the pain
after the honeymoon fades

the two pulled away sometime later, trying to catch their breath with smiles plastered across their faces. "i think we found our song." billie admitted, referring to the song playing on the speakers, y/n chuckling as she agreed.

-----------------

smut next chapter 🤭

thanks for reading <3