CH-20: 𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

It was late in the evening as Shaggy and Scooby were watching a Van Ghoul movie

It was late in the evening as Shaggy and Scooby were watching a Van Ghoul movie. This one was about how Vincent Van Ghoul was stuck with his wife in a zombie infested village. Of course, like every other Van Ghoul movies, Vincent had turned into a monster. In this case, it was a zombie who ended up trying to attack his wife. And both Shaggy and Scooby were cowering under some sheets in terror.

Honestly, it's a wonder the two know it's fake, yet they were still scared. After a few more minutes, there was a sudden knock at the door. It was odd since Shaggy's parents were out for the night, and both of them weren't expecting anyone to stop by. Then, whoever was at the door started knocking again, this time a bit louder. Shaggy paused the movie as he and Scooby slowly approached the door. When Shaggy opened the door, the duo were surprised to see who was at their door. The actor himself, Vincent Van Ghoul.

"Hello." Van Ghoul announced

"Like, don't eat our brains, Mr. Zombie," Shaggy whimpered.

"They're not very good." Scooby added.

"Whatever are you talking about?" Van Ghoul asked in confusion. He then saw the movie on the TV. "Oh. You were watching one of my movies, 'Me, Zombie'. How charming." He commented with a flattered smile. "Not a bad performance by myself, as I recall. But that actress was always forgetting her lines, and her breath reeked of scallions."

Shaggy seemed to have released himself from his shock because he set Scooby down and smiled once he saw the movie actor. "Like, I don't believe it. You're Vincent van Ghoul!" He exclaimed excitedly.

"The movie star!" Scooby added.

"In the flesh! Congratulations, boys. You won." Vincent announced to them.

"Won what?" They asked in unison.

"The 'Have Dinner with Vincent van Ghoul' essay contest." Vincent answered.

"Like, we entered months ago!" Shaggy exclaimed with a laugh. "I totally forgot."

"Your essay was inspiring." Vincent told them, taking out the essay they wrote. "'Having dinner with Vincent Van Ghoul at his house would be the most coolest thing in the whole history of cool things and a total honour.' Rarely have words stirred me to such emotion. Though, as I meet you now, I find it hard to believe you wrote it."

"Like, we had someone proof-read our work before we submitted it." Shaggy shrugged casually, then looks to Scooby. "Like, how 'bout that, Scooby, old pal? Out of thousands of entries, our essay was the best." He exclaimed.

"Well, there weren't exactly thousands, just two; yours and one from an Eskimo boy who wrote the whole thing in Inuit." Vincent admitted, looking a little depressed at his fanbase. "Well, time to go. Our chariot awaits. I've been cooking all day. We mustn't tarry. I don't want the fondue to get lumpy." He announced, leading the way out the door.