Chapter 50|Collision

The jeep in which the seven boys were sitting together jerked on the sandy road that Yunho was driving. The black-haired man had been heading straight down the uncomfortable road for several minutes while Jongho sat next to him, reading the map showing Hongjoong's alleged whereabouts.

»Are we there soon?« came the sudden voice from the back seat of the jeep. San, who had squeezed himself into the middle of the bench seat while Yeosang and Wooyoung had simply made themselves comfortable on Mingi's and Seonghwa's laps, crooned from between the two front seats and looked at Yunho expectantly. The big bit back a scathing comment. He never wanted to hear that question again. He thought Jongho was annoying on the way to the jewelry store, but San was a tad worse. He had complained at first because Wooyoung would rather sit in aimuf Seonghwa's lap than on his - where the two youngest of the group now slumbered peacefully while Seonghwa had to hold him so he didn't fall off with every swing of the car - and that Yeosang preferred himself too opted for Mingi's lap for the reason that he just found Mingi's lap more comfortable when it came to sitting there for thirty minutes or more. Jongho, who was holding the card and therefore knew how far there was, turned to the pouting blond boy and tapped the card.

»See that cross right here?« he asked. San rolled his eyes and looked at Jongho.

»Yes, I see the cross.« he replied. The youngest nodded in satisfaction and folded the card.

»When we get to the cross, we're there.« Yunho smiled. San rolled his eyes in annoyance, crossed his arms in front of his chest and pouted.

»Why is everyone so mean to me?« he asked, mumbling to himself so no one else could hear. Yeosang put a hand on San's shoulder.

»Almost there.« San just nodded, closed his eyes and leaned against Mingi's shoulder.

»Do you really think Hongjoong is there? Just because the place was marked by someone?« he asked and Seonghwa sighed in frustration while gently holding Wooyoung's head so it stayed on his shoulder and didn't hit the window.

»I just hope so. If he's not there, then I really don't know where else to look.« Yunho nodded.

»We won't let anyone down for so long again.« Beside him, Jongho nodded his agreement.

»If he's not there, we'll keep looking. No matter how long it takes.« everyone agreed with this statement. It was almost impossible for the group to continue without Hobgjoong. No matter what happened, she would never leave anyone behind again.

»Let's assume he's there, then what do we do?« Yeosang suddenly asked and San frowned.

»Well what? I'd say back to the hotel.«

»And then what?« Seonghwa considered.

»Maybe we'll be lucky and just stay there for a while.«

»Nah...« Jongho said, who had closed his eyes and relaxed back in his seat.

»Luck isn't really our thing. We'll probably be chased out by the Halateez again, someone gets kidnapped or something gets on fire.«

»Maybe we shouldn't always assume the worst.« Seonghwa interjected as Jongho turned, eyebrow raised, and pointed to the sleepyhead on his lap.

»This dude almost got shot earlier because San is bad at card games. Hongjoong was kidnapped while we were all in the shower and you were cutting your hair. They caught Yeosang in the middle of a conversation with Mingi and Wooyoung just because we didn't look for two minutes. Everything we've seen so far has been the worst, so I assume the worst will continue to happen to us.« He turned back and crossed his arms. There was an awkward silence for a moment and San nodded slightly before looking at Seonghwa.