Chapter 38|The white masked man

»Fucking shit.« San murmured in horror as he ended the conversation with Yunho on the walkie-talkie. Wooyoung stood next to him, equally shocked, forgetting how to breathe for a moment. They had found Mingi, only he wasn't in a radio studio like they expected. No, they had been lured away from his real whereabouts by the news on the radio.

»We have to get him.« Wooyoung said, about to head back to the subway station, but San caught his wrist. Wooyoung looked at the blonde in confusion.

»What is it?« San hesitated.

»Yunho said a device strapped to Mingi counts down the time.«

»So what?« San looked at Wooyoung seriously.

»What's our experience with countdowns, Woo?« Wooyoung hesitated for a moment. The bomb in the warehouse.

»And what do you want to tell me now?«

»That it's life-threatening for us to go to Mingi.«

»And it's life-threatening for Mingi if we don't go. Do you wanna let him die?« San shook his head immediately.

»Of course not.« Wooyoung pulled his hand out of San's grip.

»Come on then.« The black-haired one ran back to the main street and San had no choice but to follow him. It took them less than five minutes to get to the subway station at this speed, and Hongjoong and Seonghwa also arrived at the same time.

»Hyung!« San ran over to the two of them and gave them a confused look.

»Where's Jongho?«

»We sent him to Yunho.« Seonghwa said, and Hongjoong nodded.

»Yunho spoke to us after he called you. He's totally desperate and we thought maybe Jongho could calm him down a bit.«

»The poor guy...« Wooyoung mumbled before they walked down to the train station.

»Okay, you two go into this tunnel.« Hongjoong pointed to the back of the train and then to the front,

»Seonghwa and I will go this way. Then we can walk in both directions of the track, at some point we'll bump into him.« San nodded.

»We should hurry. If the countdown really is a bomb, we only have forty-five minutes to find Mingi before...« The two eldest nodded and Seonghwa patted San on the shoulder.

»Take care you two.« San nodded.

»You too.«

»We'll keep in touch with the walkie-talkies, okay!« Hongjoong and Seonghwa walked to the other end of the station while Wooyoung and San were already climbing onto the tracks and then entering the tunnel. They ran along the track with quick steps and at the same time looked around at the second rail that ran parallel to their track.

»Come on, Mingi, where are you?« Stressed, San walked a little in front of Wooyoung and felt anger rising in him. This time the Halateez definitely went too far. They had put the boys in danger many times before, but they put a bomb around Mingi's torso and the boys had little clue as to where he might be and only had an hour to find him. How are they supposed to do that? And more importantly, how did they get the bomb off him without blowing him up and themselves?!

»San, wait a minute!« the black-haired man called out of breath and stopped. San looked around, puzzled, and saw Wooyoung breathing heavily and leaned himself against a concrete pillar.

»Everything okay?« he asked worriedly and went over to the younger one. He carefully grabbed Wooyoung's wrist and the black-haired looked up.

»You okay, Woo?« San asked, and Wooyoung shook his head.