Chapter 39|Eight drunk friends

Laughter filled the construction site below in the subway tunnels. The boys sat in a circle around a small fireplace, roasted marshmallows and drank soju, which they had previously gotten from the 24/7 shop. Hongjoong and Seonghwa were sitting on the floor, next to Yunho, who was holding Mingi in his arms and munching on a marshmallow with relish. Yeosang and Jongho had made themselves comfortable on a box, San was sitting next to them and Wooyoung on his lap. Jongho looked at the blond boy next to him in amusement and grabbed his hair.

»Now you and Yeosang are matching.« he joked about San's hair that was blown from the blast and Yeosang crossed his arms.

»Who's the fried chicken again? Oh, you!« he teased, nudging Jongho in the side.

»Hey! Mine doesn't look as 'beautiful' as you guys though.« San grinned and sipped at his bottle.

»I'm all for dying Jongho's hair blond so he can see his sunken haircut as 'beautiful' as ours.« Mingi just sat there with a smile and shook his head.

»Do you think that's funny, Mingi?« asked Jongho and the tall, black-haired one nodded.

»I could scream laughing.« Jongho grinned.

»You know what makes me scream? What you wanted to tell at the train station. We could hardly understand it, so please be clear again.« Mingi frowned in confusion.

»What was I trying to tell?« Wooyoung cleared his throat on San's lap.

»After our fight. You wanted to tell us what happened.« he said and then Mingi remembered.

»Oh, yes.« The rest of the group looked at Mingi curiously and he shrugged.

»Well, I wasn't gone twenty minutes when those canheads attacked me.« he said, and Hongjoong spluttered. Mingi, Seonghwa and Yunho looked at him confused. His cheeks were slightly pink from the alkohol and his sweet little chuckles suggested that the black-and-white haired man had already drunk some of his soju bottle.

»What's so funny?« Yunho asked, but Hongjoong had to calm down before he could answer.

»You... you want to tell me that we searched for you for four days even though you had been kidnapped long ago?« laughed and Mingi smiled.

»I guess so.«

»Okay, next time please send our friend the postman over with a letter letting us know. Then our puppy won't be as worried next time.« Yunho, the puppy, looked blankly at Hongjoong and raised an eyebrow.

»I think I would have been even more worried then, Hyung.«

»Oh okay. Next time don't send a letter. Puppy was almost unbearable already.« Hongjoong wanted to take another sip of his soju, but Seonghwa quickly took the bottle from his hand and took a sip himself.

»Enough alcohol for you, you lightweight.« the eldest said, and Hongjoong pouted and snuggled into Seonghwa's arm.

»You're mean.« He nudged the eldest on the nose, who just stared straight ahead in frustration and took another sip. Why did he have to be next to hongjoong? Suddenly Yeosang spoke up and looked at Mingi more seriously.

»Were you hurt?« he asked and the rest of the group became a little more serious now. Just not Hongjoong. He was through for the evening and hugged the eldest, mumbling softly. Mingi hesitated and shook his head.

»Except for the punch in the face that knocked me out.« Wooyoung frowned.

»Got hit in the face once and got knocked out? You're such a big, strong guy. How strong was that punch?« Mingi shrugged.