005: Hes not bad news dad you are

"Seriously Seriously" I heard mom saying as I woke up .

Seeing me she quickly hung up the phone .

" sorry baby girl did I wake you ? " she asked in her calmest voice .

" no mommy " I said like I was still eight years old again .

" who was that on the phone " I asked .

" your father—" she said causing me to roll my eyes turning my body around in the bed .

"When will we stop waiting on him to care and move on with our lives mom"

"When I feel there's no chance, he wants me back" she said embarrassed.

"We'll hope it's soon I'm sick of this bed" I said before closing my eyes shut trying to get some sleep.

The next day I was yet again in the hospital in my mother's office .

"When are we going to discuss what I'm doing for school ?" I said to my mother as she quickly attempted to leave the room .

" soon Esmeralda " she said shutting the door . And as soon as she did I was out too walking in the opposite direction of her .

Walking the halls I wanted to see a surgery something exciting. But before I could there he was in the flesh dad .

"And what are you doing ?" He asked I hated his voice sometimes .

"Finding mom—"

"Nice try—attempting to sneak out of the hospital to see Mr.Hardwood , yea your mom told me all about it what the hell is going on with you ? You barely even know this guy and what is he now your boyfriend " he said making my heart drop and my eyes water.

"Maybe what's wrong with me is you didn't bother to call on my birthday and I found out you've move on from me and mom with a young intern and yes DUCE IS MY BOYFRIEND " I yelled as a tear fled my face .

"He's bad news Feya" he said crossing his arms .

"He's not bad news dad you are"

Walking away I knew he'd be speechless he always was when someone was right never having anything to say .

Storming past a room where Richard was talking to a women who I believe was Meredith mom I heard some of there conversation.

She had Alzheimer's . I knew because he said he had that conversation with her twenty one years ago .

"God is everyone having affairs" I said walking passed until I made it into the lobby.

Mom's grandmother had Alzheimer's she always mistook me for I'd never thought I favored my mother till then.

Getting a text from Duce it had been a picture from the night before .

Smiling at my  phone she attempted to reply back but he text her again .

The number to my school—please enroll I would love to go to school with my girlfriend 

Not knowing what to say back I stuffed my phone into my low cut jeans . Smiling to myself

Until I seen dad and his girlfriend.

Arguing per usual until she ran to a patients room with him following behind .

"Not going that way " I said roaming .

Walking the halls I prayed I didn't bump into my mother .

until I made it into a stair well sitting on the step pulling my phone out I text Duce back .