001: ɪᴛs ʜᴇʀ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ ᴅᴇʀᴇᴋ

𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟐𝟐𝐧𝐝 , 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟓 .

Watching them like a hawk I almost threw up .

He seemed so happy .

And she , she was beautiful and young. She had stolen daddy from us and hadn't even knew it .

It was my birthday and I was at a hospital watching my dad and his mistress .

Mom had been holding in her madness I could tell she was jealous holding back tears .

I said nothing as I watched her walk up to them .

Did he even know ? Did he even realize it was my birthday. Had he forgotten ? It didn't matter we were here now .

Following behind mom slowly I could tell everything was about to explode.

I could hear them flirting it was disgusting.

" wine first talk later—" the girl said . She sounded tired maybe she worked there .

Maybe a nurse . I thought . God I was wrong .

"You trying get me drunk so you can—take advantage of me " daddy said his voice made me cringe .

" I think I like this rules thing " she said before he helped her put her coat on .

" me too" he said . Before looking forward as me and mom stood their .

Like statues .

The smile quickly faded from his face . I could tell he was devastated.

Mumbling something to her causing her to look confused I could tell he was apologizing to her .

As we finally got close enough to him he focused on mom .

" Addison—what are you doing here " he said making my blood boil .

"You would know if you bothered to return any one of my phone calls " mom said strongly .

He still hadn't looked my way it was as if I didn't exist .

Mom was being petty she introduced herself to the girl .

"Hi I'm Addison shepherd " she said holding her hand out to the woman .

"Shepherd? " the girl said confused .

I almost felt bad .

" and you must be the woman who's been screwing my husband " mom said . Making me chuckle .

That's when he finally looked at me .

" hi baby girl " he said not even convincing.

" hi daddy " I mumbled making the woman's eyes grow angrier.

" dad? " she said raising her eyebrow .

Before starting to walk off .

Not even stopping her he had to knew it was over for him .

Lying about having a wife and a daughter.

Ouch .

"Addison what have you done—what are you doing here" .

" I'm not here for you I'm here for work and by the way—"

" it's her birthday Derek—your daughters sixteenth birthday " mom said firmly I could tell she was close to tears because I was also .

Seeing angry leave his face and turn to guilt.

He focused on me .

"I'm sorry—so sorry I hadn't been in the right state of mind it slipped my mind " daddy said making it no better .