Chapter 48:

• Jordan's POV •

I tried to pull myself together on the plane. I failed. I felt miserable. I hoped that I could get some sleep on this flight. A woman sat down next to me. She looked about my age. Her smile faded when she saw the tears on my cheeks. I wiped them away quickly and laughed a little.

"Just a little hard to leave my girlfriend" I explained. Her smile reappeared as she sat down. She seemed nice.

"I understand" she said. "So you have a girlfriend?" She looked a little disappointed. I nodded.

"Her name is Eden" I said. Just the thought of her made me smile.

"And yours?"

"Jordan"

"I'm Heather" she said with a smile. "You live in Seattle?" She asked. I nodded.

"Hopefully my girlfriend will be moving here over the summer" I said. That sent a shiver down my spine.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I love you was the first thing that lit up my phone when I landed. It was a text from Eden. It made me sad. I don't think leaving her has fully hit me yet.

"I'll see you around" Heather said. I looked up, she was smiling at me. I nodded.

"See ya" I said and started walking towards the exit. Jonny was waiting for me in his car and I climbed in. I think it hit me the second I sat down. Tears flooded onto my cheeks.

"Woah" Jonny said. "Bad flight?"

"I miss her so much already" I said. He sighed.

"You love her, huh?"

"Completely. I am in love with every single thing about her. And it hurts so god damn much" I said, setting my head in my hands. My head was pounding.

"Would now be a bad time to tell you that I'm having a party tonight?" He said. I looked up at him and groaned.

"Just keep everyone out of my room, okay?" I said. He nodded.

"It's not even that many people, don't worry"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A few hours later and the party was in full effect. Music was blasting from our living room. My door was closed and locked and there were a few empty beer bottles next to me. The fog in my head made it a little easier to handle coming home. It didn't even feel like home anymore. Eden is my home. I got up to grab another beer from the kitchen and braced myself for all of the people. I opened the door, and weaved through the people and into the kitchen.

"Jordan!" Someone screamed behind me. I grabbed the beer and turned around.

"Heather?" I yelled back. My head was pounding.

"What a crazy coincidence" she yelled. I could barely hear her over the music. I gave her a small smile and started to head back to my room. I knew I was being rude, but I didn't care. She stopped me again and pointed to her eyes. "Crying again?" She asked me. I nodded. "Trying to forget about your girlfriend?"

"Something like that" I yelled.

"I can help" she said with a smile. I'm not sure if I was understanding right.

"What do-" but then her lips were on mine.