Chapter 46

Double update. Make sure you read chapter 45 first.

Sorry for any grammar mistakes.
Hope you enjoy it.

(Song recommendation for this chapter)

—————

"Don't. You. Dare. Threat me with his life" Hannah said through gritted teeth with a red face. She cannot let history repeat itself. Not this time. Not with Niall's life. He noticed. Keith noticed how furious Hannah became. Flames. Flames were in her eyes.
"Step back" she commanded.
He slowly walked back. As if he got hypnotized by her words.
"Now let us go."

"That I can't do." he said. As if he snapped out of the trance. He pulled himself back together.
"Let. Us. Go." She repeated word by word.
"He attacked the king. He should face the consequences."
"You knew he would. You did it on purpose." She fought back.
"I did not do such a thing" he defended even though deep down he knew she was right.

"You heard her. Let him go. Now." Louis said.
Hannah and Keith turned to the side and saw them. Louis, Harry, and Josephine. A smile sat on Hannah's face.
"And how did you get in here? Does this castle have no guards?" Keith asked in annoyance.

"I was a guard in this castle. I know every single path in here." Louis smirked.
"He can't go. He punched the king's face." Keith said again.
"And I stand by my words. He will stay in the dungeon without getting hurt if Hannah lives here. I will release him once she divorces him and stays here forever." Keith said.
They all scoffed.

"As if that would happen" Josephine said.
"It's up to Hannah. Now" Keith walked toward them.
"I don't care if you were a guard here or not, I do not want you to enter the castle without permission or invitation. I want all of you to leave. Except for Hannah." Keith snapped his fingers and guards came it. They all dragged Harry, Louis, and Josephine out. They tried to break free from their grips, but it was no use. It was twelve against three.

"So?" Keith once again walked toward Hannah.
"I have a child." She whispered with a shaky voice.
"He will be here. If you decide to stay."
"Without his father?" Her eyes became glossy.
"Hannah, I need an answer." He pushed.
"I want to talk to him first." she said.

***

Calum and Samantha were close to the castle. So close. Only a few steps away from rescuing Niall and Hannah. But.
"You've got to be shitting me." Samantha said.
"Hands behind your back. Now."
And just like that they were once again abducted. But this time, by a different person.
"How many times do I have to get abducted?" Calum groaned.
"We were so close." Samantha said sadly.

***

Niall was sitting by the wall covering his face with his hands. Until he heard footsteps. Familiar footsteps. He removed his hands from his face. He smelt it. The familiar scent.
"Hannah" he said looking up.
She stood in front of him. The bars separating them.

"Niall" she looked at him with sad eyes.
And she told him. She told everything Keith said.
"No. I don't care how much he hurts me. I don't care. Do not stay under the same roof as him." Niall said madly.

"I care" she whispered sadly.
"I care how much he hurts you."
"I don't want you to get hurt, Niall." She whispered as her tear rolled down her cheek.
"Hannah. You're not considering living with him, are you?" he asked with a broken heart.

"What else am I supposed to do Niall? He's going to torture you. He will kill you."
"I DON'T CARE!" He shouted.
She cried.
"I don't give a damn if he tortures me. I don't care if he kills me. I told you. I told you that I would die for you. And I meant it."

"Niall, I care. I care if he tortures you. If he ki-" she couldn't even finish the sentence.
"Have you thought about me? How would I feel if you die? Brian? Have you thought about your son?" she asked, her tears rolling down one by one.

"Do you know what Brian would say to me Hannah?" Niall asked.
"He would say how useless and worthless I was for letting this happen."
"He won't say that" she cried.
"Yes, he will."
"Niall you are not useless. You are not worthless."

"Hannah, I don't want you to live with him." He said with desperation holding her dress from behind the bars.
"I will die. I will die for you. These bars. These threats. These distances don't make me love you any less. Hannah I fucking love you so much. It's your damn love that keeps me going Hannah. Please." He said with plea.

"Niall. I love you too. So much. And it's because I love you that I want to do this."
His face fell. He felt it. He felt how his heart broke.
"I wish there was another way, but" she cried separating his hand from her dress.
"I love you Niall. Forever." She whispered walking away.
"Hannah don't." he said his tears running down.

"HANNAH DON'T"
She kept walking crying her eyes out.
"HANNAH!" He yelled.
"FUCK! FUCK!" Niall yelled punching the wall repeatedly.
"FUCK!" Niall slid down crying.
"Hannah." He cried.
"Hannah."

Hannah reached upstairs. She was still crying.
"Oh dear." Maura said hugging her.
"I love him so much." Hannah cried.

Maura closed her eyes. She knew how Hannah was feeling. But worse than that, she was feeling guilty. Because she was responsible. She was responsible for Hannah's heartbreak. She was responsible for Niall's wrecked heart. For Calum's death. For Keith's twisted mind. For her own exhausted heart. It was all her fault.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Maura apologized.
Hannah looked at her.
"It's my fault. Everything is. I'm so sorry."
Hannah squeezed her eyes shut crying. She couldn't talk. It's not entirely your fault she wanted to say. But she couldn't.
"I'm sorry Hannah." Maura said hugging her again.

***

Hannah was sitting on the steps in yard staring at nothing. Her eyes were red and puffy from all the crying she did today.

"I will bring your son for you tomorrow" Keith said sitting next to her. She didn't acknowledge him. He sighed heavily.
"You decided to stay. But not divorce him." He stated.
She remained silent.
"Hannah divorce him. You did it once. You'll learn to love aga-"
She cut him off with a glare.

"Love?" she asked. It came out as a whisper since her throat was dry.
"Love?" she repeated.
"How is this love? Look at me." Her voice broke.
"Hannah" he leaned closer.
"No." she said standing up.
"You are a bad person. You are a bad king."
"How am I a bad king?" He asked feeling offended.

"Look at your country. The people are leaving because of you. Look" she held his shirt and dragged him down the stairs.
"Look at your guards. They are tired. Hungry. So are their families. So are the people outside this castle. Niall was"
"Don't say his name" he said harshly.

"He never let his personal life and issues get in his way with people. He never let out his personal feelings out on those innocent people." She stepped closer to him. Their faces inches apart.
"Not only Niall is a better king, but also a better person than you." She whispered looking at him with hatred in her eyes.
His nostril flared.

"He is not a better person than me" he said quietly.
"He is." She stepped back.
"You are selfish. You are twisted. You are insane." She said.
"I wasn't always like this." He said quietly.
"Because of what happened to you. But you knew. You knew Niall was not responsible for what happened to you. You saw it with YOUR OWN EYES HOW HURT HE WAS ONCE HE FOUND OUT THE TRUTH FROM YOU!" She yelled and broke down again.

He swallowed hard. He walked toward her to hug her, but she brought her hand in between them.
"Don't." she said firmly and shook her head.
"Hannah." He said with plea.
"You heard her. Do not take another step toward her."
Her heartbeat increased. Her sobs got louder. A smile sat on her face.

"Niall"

********
A/N
😭😭😭

This was one of my favorite chapters I've written so far even though I was legit crying while writing it💔