Chapter 44: Tempest Dividends

Start from the beginning

The Beast King smiled, "Then I'll happily be of service."

Milim sighed with relief and spoke quietly, "Thank goodness... There's no way I know how to handle multiple subordinated..."

Frey, however, heard her, "That is something I plan to help you with. You can't be selfish forever, can you? You need to start thinking about how to manage your territory. Otherwise, don't you feel sorry for those priests who adore you so much?"

Milim appeared bothered, overwhelmed by the idea. I patted her on the head, "You have to take on responsibilities at some point."

"Argh! All right!" Milim shouted.

"Now hold on," The vampire Demon Lord spoke to me directly, "Things are getting ahead. Returning to the topic of you becoming a Demon Lord."

"Right, I guess I need to become a Demon Lord first. Hm..." I thought for a moment.

"If you are referring to Awakening, then there's time for that," Guy mentioned, but I ignored him.

"Erebus," I summoned, causing Moros and Apate to follow. "Could the three of you, say, destroy the barony of Silverwood and collect all the souls for me, leaving no one alive, real quick."

"You're sure?" Erebus asked, a little concerned.

"Yeah, I appreciate it." The three vanished. Looking back at the Demon Lords who were staring blankly at me. "What? All I need is human souls, right? I already have a plan to get the Seed."

"F/N," Rimuru said with concern, "I don't think you thought this through. Your whole personality could change."

"Eh, I'll be fine." I shrugged it off.

Guy burst out laughing, "That decision making. The same as the Storm Dragon attacking that city."

"Well, in my defense, True Dragons don't have a history of making good decisions. Or any dragon-related creature for that matter."

"Oh?" Guy wanted me to continue, clearly seeing that Velzard was getting peeved.

"Granted, I'm not as foolish as the vampire pretending to be a maid thinking no one noticed when half of the room has," I said, changing the subject before pissing off Velzard. And, instead, angered the silver-haired vampire.

"Why, might you be referring to me? I am merely a humble-"

"Oh, cut it out."

"F/N!" Milim jumped in, "You can't do that! Valentine is hiding her identity. It's a secret that the current Demon Lord is a proxy."

"Not much of a secret anymore," I looked at her with a grin. Milim quickly realized what she did, earning Valentine's glare.

"That's enough," The maid outfit, surrounded in black bats, transformed into a black dress. The proxy stood up and made way for Valentine to sit.

Her butler spoke, "Is it all right, Lady Luminas?"

Her name caught my eyes, "This Walpurgis just got a lot more interesting." The moment Valentine turned her head to answer him, my fist shattered the back of her chair. "From one religious figure to another. Hi."

The two of us stared each other down before Guy cut in, "Now now, we already cleaned up one fight. No need to start another." His friendly way of telling me not to, or else.

"Let me make one thing clear first," If your faith brings harm to my people again. You will wish there was a true god. Otherwise, we stay out of each other's business, agreed?

"Agreed. Now will you move?" I walked back over to Milim.

"Anyway, about becoming a Demon..." I started to feel tired, "Demon..." I staggered, grabbing Milim's chair. "Huh... That's weird. I didn't hear the announcement..."