1.1 The Competition Begins

Start from the beginning

"I don't really like the pyramid because, sometimes I try really hard and miss Abby just doesn't pay attention to me and I get left at the bottom. Hopefully things change this season."

Maddy
Chloe Brooke
Paige Nia Mackenzie Kennedy

"Everybody wants to be front and centre, I hear it all the time" Miss Abby tells us making her hand open and close like someone is talking. "Whoever is in the front and centre, they can't make a mistake"

"I'm only 7, I'm probably gonna make a mistake"

"They are holding that group together. So, at the top right here, I have Maddie, because, she is dedicated, and because of her stellar record last year. Maddie, are you ready to be front and centre? Can you handle that sort of pressure?" She asks Maddie and she nodded her head.

"Our first competition is going to be in phoenix Arizona, ladies, I chose Phoenix Arizona because I want you to experience some of the best competition teams in the country. We are going to do two new numbers. A high energy, really cute, adorable, routine, with Maddy, Chloe, Paige, Brooke and Nia" She says, I don't think I'm going to be dancing this week. "And then also a trio with Maddy, Chloe, and Paige." I knew it. "Unfortunately, Mackenzie and Kennedy, your to young to compete at west coast dance explosion, but. You girls are still going to go with us anyway." She said that like it was gonna make us feel better. "We're going to win all these competitions and we're going to nationals" Miss Abby told us.

Miss Abby then Dismissed the moms and me and Kenzie stood up and followed the moms to the door but went a different way to get to the minis dance class.

"This is my daughter Kennedy, she's is a very strong dancer in any dance category you put her in, and she can also get very competitive." My mom said as I sat next to her.

(Kennedy's mom, Irene) (If her name is something different throughout the book please let me know and I'll fix it)

(If her name is something different throughout the book please let me know and I'll fix it)

Four days till competition

The competition is in four days and this morning Maddy was crying in the dancers den because she didn't feel well.

I didn't have any classes today so I was up in dance jail with the moms, I was just colouring in but kept myself stretched my laying on my belly in the splits just in case I do get told to dance.

"It's kinda freaky how your daughter bends the way she does, Irene" Kelly says referring to how bendy I am and also making a few of the moms laugh, I wasn't really paying attention to what else they were saying.

"What's wrong with Maddy?" Holly asked Melissa changing the subject, I stopped colouring and stood up to walk over to the glass and looked to see Maddy, she doesn't look well.