𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖝. loving me is a death sentence

Começar do início

The sink was made up of brass accents and a circular ceramic basin, complete with a soap figure in the shape of a sphinx. There was also a toilet on which rested a few untouched candles, opposite a spotless towel rack. The bath was bursting with pastel bubbles, which gave off a pleasant scent, among a plethora of pink rose petals.

''I like the flowers,'' she called to Remus, who was pottering about in the library.

He popped his head around the door, figuring she was still decent. ''They were meant to be your birthday present,'' he explained, abashed. ''They melt in hot water, and the label said they're really good for the skin.''

She had in fact mentioned she liked those sorts of things — bath accessories and cosmetics, perfect for pampering. He had remembered.

''Thank you.''

He nodded, sending her a small smile and returning to whatever he had been doing beforehand.

Evangeline heaved a sigh, attempting to silence the millions of thoughts that had scattered her mind. She wasn't sure what was coming, what with the Dark Lord's return, but she knew she was going to find out sooner or later.

One thing was for sure — she may have been scared out of her wits, but she was going to fight.

The Rosier girl peeled off her skirt, the rest of her garments following soon after. It was like a hug from an angel as she lowered herself into the tub, eagerly welcoming the calming warmth. The ends of her hair were now dampened, and foam collected around her neck, but that was irrelevant to the sought-after solace for her aching muscles.

She didn't know how long it had been — an hour, maybe longer, when a knock on the door sounded. Hesitantly, she opened her eyes, which thankfully weren't blinded by the mellow ceiling light.

''Eve,'' Remus probed. ''Are you alright in there?''

''Fine,'' she replied, her voice merely above a whisper. When the rattle of footsteps walking away never came, she spoke again. ''Can you come in? I do not want to be alone right now.''

She instantly regretted her words when no answer came; perhaps she had crossed a line. But then there was a shuffle, and the door slowly creaked open.

He felt his breath hitch at she sight, before a delicate blush brushed his cheeks. There she was, inches away from him, naked. Granted, pearly froth covered her most intimate areas, but the sun-kissed skin of her arms, legs, and torso were on full display; little was left to the imagination.

Evangeline couldn't bring herself to care about the impropriety of the situation. The fact that no one had seen her so revealed before, and no one other than her husband should be able to see her like this, seemed so insignificant now.

He seated himself on the cool floor beside her. Despite the elevation of the bathtub, given his tall stature they were eye-level.

She reached out a soapy hand to him, which he gladly accepted. A couple drops of water were nothing compared to what he would do for her — Hell, he would swim the darkest waters if it meant she was safe and sound.

''Everything is going to change now, is it not?''

''Yes,'' he regretted to confirm her worries. ''Yes, it will.''