𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. we are the champions

( 𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔲𝔪𝔢 𝔦𝔦, 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 ) we are the champions

There was a pleasant feeling of anticipation in the air; the delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang were to arrive. Nobody was very attentive in lessons, being much more interested in the arrivals.

Snape was Merlin knows where, so the responsibility in sorting out the Slytherins fell onto Evangeline.

''Bulstrode, straighten your hat,'' the brunette advised. ''Miss Parkinson, you may want to take that . . . thing out of your hair before the groundskeeper mistakes you for a Blast-Ended Skrewt.''

Pansy Parkinson scowled, removing the pure brass witches' hat from the top of her head.

''Follow me, please. First-years in front . . . no pushing . . . ''

They filed down the front steps and lined up before the castle. It was a cold, clear evening; dusk was falling and a pale, transparent-looking moon was already shining over the Forbidden Forest. Everyone was scanning the darkening grounds excitedly, but nothing was moving — everything was still, silent and quite as usual.

Dumbledore called out from the back row, where Evangeline was standing among the other teachers. ''Aha! Unless I am very much mistaken, the delegations from Beauxbatons approaches!''

''Where?'' Wondered many students eagerly, all looking in different directions.

''There!''

Something large was hurtling across the deep blue sky towards the castle, growing bigger as it approached. As the gigantic black shape skimmed over the treetops of the Forbidden Forest, and the lights shining from the castle windows hit it, they saw a colossal, powder-blue, horse-drawn carriage soaring towards them. It was being pulled through the air by a dozen winged horses, all palominos, each the size of an elephant.

The front three rows of students drew backward as the carriage hurtled ever lower, coming in to land at a tremendous speed —then, with an almighty crash that made Neville jump backward onto a Slytherin fifth year's foot, the horses' hooves, larger than dinner plates, hit the ground. A second later, the carriage landed too, bouncing upon its vast wheels, while the golden horses tossed their enormous heads and rolled large, fiery red eyes.

Evangeline just had time to see that the door of the carriage bore a coat of arms (two crossed, golden wands, each emitting three stars)before it opened.  

A boy in pale blue robes jumped down from the carriage, bent forward, fumbled for a moment with something on the carriage floor, and unfolded a set of golden steps, before springing back respectfully. Then, the brunette saw a shining, high-heeled black shoe emerging from the inside of the carriage — a shoe the size of a child's sled —followed, almost immediately, by the largest woman she had ever seen in her life. The size of the carriage, and of the horses, was immediately explained, emitting gasps from a few people.