𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎. on the rise

( 𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔲𝔪𝔢 𝔦𝔦, 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖎𝖝 ) — on the rise

''Afternoon tea, anyone?''

Ron hadn't ever heard such a high-class phrase in his life, but he nodded eagerly at the lavish spread of food in Evangeline's living quarters. There were dainty sandwiches, scones served with clotted cream and preserves, cakes, pastries, and tea steaming in a goblin-made silver pot.

The Weasley boy, along with Harry, had been in search for their Charms professor for over an hour. Fred and George currently had the Marauder's Map in their possession, and it wasn't until the Granger girl joined the two boys that they thought to check the most obvious place — her office.

Once they had all settled at the round dining table, the Rosier girl was the first to cut through the sound of Ron's chewing, Harry's scoffing, and Hermione's sipping. ''So, may I ask what brings you three to my humble abode?'' She asked, despite her home away from home being anything but humble.

''We Owled Percy about Mister Crouch. He didn't say anything new, then gave us a lecture for disturbing his all-important role as an assistant.''

''Enough about him. What happened with Krum and Crouch? I heard whispers about it in the staff room, but Dumbledore seems to be doing his best at keeping the whole thing hushed.''

Harry briefly explained the situation: Viktor had taken Harry aside to ask him about his relationship with Hermione. After, a rather delirious Barty emerged from the Forbidden Forest and asked for Dumbledore, mumbling about all sorts of things. The Potter boy had gone to get the Headmaster, but by the time he returned Viktor had been Stunned and Barty had disappeared.

''It comes down to this,'' Hermione began, rubbing her forehead tiredly. ''Either Mister Crouch attacked Viktor, or somebody else attacked both of them when Viktor wasn't looking.''

''It must've been Crouch,'' Ron deducted. ''That's why he was gone when Harry and Dumbledore got there. He'd done a runner.''

''I don't think so. He seemed really weak — I don't reckon he was up to Disapparating or anything.''

''You can not Disapparate on Hogwarts grounds, have you not read ❛Hogwarts: A History❜? It is a pain, really — for my first few months working here I had to walk all the way to the gates to be able to get anywhere.''

Hermione smirked triumphantly at the two boys in front of her; she had finally found somebody who shared the same love for that wretched book.

''Okay . . . how's this for a theory: Krum attacked Crouch — no, wait for it — and then Stunned himself!''