"𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘦"

"NICE CAR."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Kalyani found herself shopping by herself, she decided to buy something nice for her well being— mostly because she wanted to spend her money after a week's paycheck and favored tips. She held a good amount of bags on her fingers, her heart aching— more like her wallet aching at how much she bought on her shopping spree.

She was definitely waiting for her roommate's reaction once she came home.

She heard a beep from beside her, looking over to the street as she saw her co-worker, Johnny, with a two of his friends in the back of his ride. "Spending your check already, Kalyani?" he chuckled before swiftly parking next to her.

"Most definitely am and nice car." she then peered over to the two in the backseats. "That's Haechan and Mark. Mark doesn't get front seat privileges because he doesn't like froyo." Johnny explained, earning a laugh from her while Mark blushed in embarrassment as Haechan laughed.

"Are you walking home, pretty lady?" Haechan asked her. "I am." Kalyani nodded her head and smiled. "He's such a loser.." Johnny mumbled. "Get in, i'll get your bags." the older said, getting out of his car as Kalyani froze. Her bags were then taken out of her hands and gently placed in the trunk of his car.

"We're passing by Ten's either way." Haechan winked at her, earning an eye roll from Kalyani as she hopped in the car. "Do you think we have something going on?" she turned around and asked the younger while he shrugged his shoulders. "Only if you want it to be."

"Haechan, leave the girl alone."

"Says you Mark, you're the one asking for her insta."

"Tha-That's not true! I swear! I'm not a creep like you!"

Johnny then slowly turned his head at the two in the back, making them immediately go silent. "What I thought.." he mumbled before putting the car in drive and speeding off, causing Haechan to hold onto Mark's seatbelt. "Can you drive any slower?!" Kalyani only laughed, finding the thrill funny as well as Haechan's nervousness.

"Hm..don't want to!"

Ten stared blankly at the four who arrived at his doorstep, including his roommate who was holding a good amount of shopping bags in her hands. He didn't even know what to say.

"Uhm..Kun and Sicheng are here..?"

The four saw the two's heads pop up from the living room, the three guys pushing their way through Ten to get to them. "Winwin!" Mark said with a grin, hugging the older one tightly as he laughed. Kalyani then stepped in after them, glancing at Ten as he closed the door.

"What'd you buy?" he asks her, intrigued as to what she spent her money on. "Some clothes, shoes, decor, shit that don't even use but bought it because it looked cute." Kalyani chuckled. "I see, you're just like Yangyang." Ten said even though she didn't know who he was talking about.

"I'm gonna put these away, i'll be back." Kalyani then ran to her room. She wanted to greet his friends with empty hands and didn't want to seem rude. Kun watched her as she left, looking back to his friend who kept his eyes on her. Ten then met his eyes and tensed up from the knowing look Kun was giving him.

As Mark, Haechan and Johnny were talking to Sicheng, Kun made his way to Ten and shook his shoulders. "Oh you definitely like her." Ten rolled his eyes at the accusation, if anything, he only appreciated her. "I don't, she's just a friend to me."

"That's what Taeyong said and now he has a whole fiancé. It'll come to you, just give it some time." Kun chuckled, patting the shorter's head as Kalyani came back downstairs. She went to greet Kun first since she hasn't met him yet.

"Hi, i'm Kalyani." she smiled, holding her hand out for him to shake. "Kun, nice to meet you Kalyani. How's this idiot? Does he bother you yet?" he said, Ten sighed from his words and left him to go to the others, making them laugh. "He doesn't, he's pretty calm so it's just right for me."

"He's chaotic at times, especially when he's drunk." they laughed. "Me too, I get more loud and embarrassing. I say things I don't want to say, so that's why i'll be drinking by myself." she said, crossing her arms as Kun unknowingly copied her.

"That's what he said the last three times."

"Stop exposing me!" Ten glared at Kun. "You love me." Kun playfully rolled his eyes. Kalyani laughed at his joke. "Reminds me of a few old friends I had back at home. They were kinda just like this."

"Do you miss it? Back home?"

"Not at all."

.⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆. .⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆.