chapter nineteen

━━ CHAPTER NINETEEN / baby

After Eliana and Poe had sat and Eliana had eaten, they headed to the rec room. Eliana wasn't sure if she was up to seeing people but Poe had tempted her with alcohol so she let herself be persuaded. The thought of doing a few shots and sleeping soundly for once sounded perfect. She knew that the closer that going to Naboo got, the worse she would be but she wanted to at least have one more night of being okay.

Eliana and Poe quickly found Nettie and Dow who were sitting on the sofas together. Eliana wandered over, Poe stood a few steps behind her with a smile on his face. He hadn't looked so pleased with himself since they had returned from Coruscant.

"There they are." Nettie had a smirk on her face but Eliana ignored it. Nettie liked to tease even when it was something small like Poe walking her into the rec room.

"Hey," Eliana said as she dropped down onto the sofa. Poe sat down beside the brunette but she focused on gaze solely on the pink-haired woman. She was lounging back and that smirk had not dropped off her face.

"What were you two up to in the shower?" Nettie asked curiously. Eliana's eyebrows furrowed and Dow looked mildly annoyed. She glanced at Poe but he seemed just as clueless. His smugness had turned into mild embarrassment but he covered it up well.

"Excuse me?" She asked as she crossed her arms over her chest. Nettie scoffed but it was Dow who spoke up this time.

"I saw you," He asserted. Eliana gently shook her head. He must have been the one that slammed the door which is what stopped them from doing anything. But just how much had he seen and heard. That is what terrified Eliana more.

"We weren't doing anything," She snapped quickly. She couldn't lose her composure here. It would make her look more suspicious and she couldn't have that. The whole base didn't need to know that she had foolishly fallen for Poe Dameron of all people. But Poe took her snappy denial as a way to tease her.

"Oh, baby, I thought I meant more to you than that. Are you embarrassed?" He asked as he moved his hand to wrap around her shoulder. Her head snapped to him and their faces were inches apart. She could feel his warmth breath on her cheeks.

"Poe," She said, her tone was a warning.

"No, go on, Poe, tell us all about it." Nettie said quickly and Eliana's gaze snapped to the woman. She felt so ganged up on all of a sudden. It was ridiculous and she knew that she was overreacting. She had dealt with these rumours and always took them on the chin but now they were getting too real and she hated it.

"You are all insufferable," The brunette declared as she crossed her arms over her chest. Poe smirked and pulled Eliana a little closer. She knocked his arm off of her.

"She just loves my attention, wants to keep it all to herself," He said as he leant closer to Nettie and Dow. Nettie was grinning, completely taken by Poe as she always was. They weren't real feelings but Nettie had always found Poe alluring. This made it better for her.