chapter six

━━ CHAPTER SIX / coruscant

Hyperspace was always quiet. It felt so quiet and Eliana was bored. She was sitting in the co-pilot's seat, spinning around endlessly. It made her feel dizzy but she had nothing else to do. Thankfully, Poe had been silent for much of the journey. He was the one piloting them to Coruscant and he was currently sitting in the captain's seat with his datapad.

She hadn't noticed but he kept looking at her. The spinning was getting on his nerves and she didn't really blame him but it didn't make her stop. That was until he used his foot to catch the edge of the seat and forced her to come to a stop. Eliana looked up and met his gaze.

"Yes?" She asked. He tilted his head and she sighed, slouching back on the chair. He turned back to his datapad and dropped his foot. Eliana had never been so bored before and so she stood up and grabbed her datapad. She then began to pace, reading over the mission plan again. There were a few events that they were already assigned to attend but other than that, they had a lot of free time. Which meant going to the Senate and schmoozing.

She had spent most of her time as an intern doing that so she could slip into the role easily. She knew she could. It was just whether she wanted to. It would have been easy if she was alone or she was with anyone but Poe. But with Poe, she felt like a fraud. Something about him made her feel so judged, she didn't want to come off badly. She wanted to seem sophisticated and schmoozing was not sophisticated most of the time.

"Are you bored?" Poe asked as he placed his datapad down. He had turned in the seat to look up at her as she paced. Eliana looked up but didn't say anything. Her eyes returned back to the mission brief and he tilted his head, "Is my presence that dull?" His typical arrogance reappeared and Eliana didn't even bother entertaining him.

"We need to set boundaries," Eliana said as she looked up again. Poe cocked an eyebrow and she placed her datapad down on the side, "If we are going to pretend to be a couple, we need boundaries. I want to know what I'm getting myself into." Poe smirked, his face lighting up.

"What boundaries do you want, sweetheart?" He asked. Eliana sighed and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Don't kiss me." It was a short statement but Poe's entire face dropped. She tilted her head slightly.

"What?" He asked and she let her hands drop to rest in the pockets of her pants.

"I don't want you to kiss me." Eliana wasn't sure why she had made this rule. It was stupid but she knew with the way he made her flush just from his words, kissing him would be a mistake. She would never willingly admit to herself that she felt something towards Poe but everybody knew that there had to be something.

"Afraid you're gonna fall for me?" He teased. Eliana's entire body went rigid. He always hit the nail on the head.

"Poe," She snapped and he stared up at her, "I'm serious." He scoffed.