Chapter 11

Millie's P.O.V.

Two naps make a kid go wild. That's what I learnt today. After coming back home, I watered the plants with my little Audrey, let her play in backyard for a good time. And she is still energetic as ever.

So, she is now wandering around on the ground floor with her stuffed toy, as I make dinner. I don't bother her as she can run that energy off before bed time.

I hear Neil's car pull up. His unreasonably loud car drives me nuts sometimes. But he loves them, so I manage.

I hear the front gate open and my husband enters.

"Look what I got!" He walks into the kitchen, with shopping bags.

"What did you buy?" I ask, surprised. He is far from someone who loves shopping.

"Don't get too excited. Nothing for you." He smirks.

"Precious! Come here, baby!" Neil calls out for our little baby.

Neil's P.O.V.

I hear little feet patter coming towards. My heart melts. My little girl looks absolutely darling. In her full sleeve pink jumper and pink shorts. Her red hair bouncing with her every step.

"Misser Neil!" Audrey shouts, running into my waiting arms. I scoop her in my arms.

A full day of work is worth it, when you get to embrace your little one.

"Her fever is down, right?" I ask my wife, as she grins looking at us.

"Yeah, she is alright."

"Misser Neil, I-I-I did a meeting today!" My precious girl shouts.

"That's wonderful, baby. I'm so proud of you." I kiss her forehead, nuzzling my beard. Erupting her into giggles.

"Stop!" Audrey belly laughs. "Itchy!" She cries out in between laughs. I stop.

"I brought some surprise for you." I tell her. Her eyes get wide as soon as she hears those words.

"What?" She starts wiggling in my arms.

"Hold your horses, baby." I carry her into the living room. Millie follows, carrying the bags.

Placing her down on the couch, I sit on the rug. Millie sits down, next to me.

"Are you ready, bubba?" My wife asks our over excited child.

"Yesh!" She bounces in her seat.

"Let's open this one first." Taking out the wrapped item from a bag, I place it on my little one's lap.

"What is it!?"

"Open to find out, baby." Millie encourages as our little Audrey rips open the wrapper.

Her face breaks out in a large smile, and her eyes go wide. "TEDDY!" She screams before leaping towards me.

I hastily catch her, sitting her on my lap. "Careful, precious."

"You da bestest!" She informs me, cuddling her new teddy bear.

"What am I then?" Millie pouts dramatically.

"You are da bestest too, b-but Misser Neil more bestest. Jus' a bit more." Audrey puffs out her chest, happy with her answer.

"Oh. Then it's alright." Millie tickles our little girl.

"What is the teddy's name, precious?" I ask.

Audrey puts her finger on her chin, acting like she is thinking. "His name is Tubby!"