01.

A/N: I can't tell you how many times I am going to cry writing this book because of Paul. I cannot even write a hundred words before sobbing again. 

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ FF1, 2001 ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

MY NAME is Lola Ortiz, sister of Letty Ortiz who is the girlfriend of the best driver I've ever met, Dominic Toretto. I was in a team comprised of five other people: Jesse, Vince, Leon, Dom and Letty.

Right now, I was driving to the Toretto Market and Café with the others. I was wearing a cropped black tank top, dark blue cargo pants and combat boots along with a leather cuff on my wrist and silver jewelry. We drove over the multiple hills in L.A., cooking in the hot heat. I parked in front of the shop, in line with the rest. 

I stepped out of the vehicle, running a hand through my hair. I slammed the car door closed, joining the rest who were looking at the engine of Vince's car, standing beside my sister. 

"That's why you're unloading in third." Jesse stated, tweaking a bolt. 

"Told you." Leon smirked, hand up gripping the hood. 

"Shut up." Vince scowled, gesturing at him. 

"Yo, I'mma be inside." I told them and V nodded. I walked off, entering the dark store where Mia was doing her schoolwork beside the register. 

"Hi, Lo!" She glanced at me with a grin.

"Hey, Mia." I greeted her, stepping behind the counter and looking at her work. "Workin' hard, huh, girl?"

"Of course, Dom expects me to, you know." She giggled leaning down to write something down. 

"Mhm..." I hummed and saw Blondie staring at me from the corner of my eye. I turned around toward him, walking over. "Yo, Blondie. You're staring again."

"I know." He smirked, going back to his food as the rest came in. 

"He's tryna get in Lola's pants, dog." I heard Le state and I rolled my eyes. 

For the past three weeks, this blue-eyed blond boy has been coming in here and ordering the same crappy Tuna sandwich. Last week, I learned his name was Brian and I'll admit it, he was kinda attractive. 

"What's up, guys?" Mia stood up straight, playing with her pen. 

"How you doin', Mia?" 

"How you livin', girl?" Letty jerked her jaw forward and I leaned forward on the counter in between Brian and me. 

"How you been, Lola?" He asked, lifting his chin back up. 

"Not much different than yesterday, Brian." I chuckled while Vince sat down on the stool beside him, sliding the bowl of salt and pepper packets to the blond aggressively. I eyed V as the two men stared not saying a word to one another. 

"Vince." Mi now stood in front of him but he was unphased. "Vince!" She repeated annoyedly. "Can I get ya anything?"

"You look good." He smirked, averting his attention and looking her up and down. 

"Hey, man, her eyes are higher than that." I snapped my fingers in his face, gesturing to Mia's face. 

"Thanks a lot, Mia. I'll see ya tomorrow, Lola." Blondie got to his feet, pulled a few bills out of his pocket and handed them to Mi. 

"Sure." My sister-in-law nodded.

"Bye-bye, Blondie." I grinned and He winked at me over his shoulder as he turned around and walked away.

"Tomorrow?" I heard V grumble before shouting. "No! Try Fatburger from now on. Get yourself a Double Cheese with fries for $2.95, faggot." He followed the male outside and I watched them begin to have a fistfight. 

"Hey, Mia. He's at it again." I sighed, pointing at the two and referring to Vince. 

"Jesus Christ, Dom! Would you get out there? I'm sick of this shit." She yelled at her brother through the mesh window in the back but he didn't even move. "I'm not kidding, Dom. Get out there!"

I winced, seeing Brian shove his knee into V's stomach repeatedly. "What'd you put in that sandwich?" Toretto jokes, standing up. 

"That's real funny." She mumbled sarcastically. 

"Dom!" Letty called, eyes going back and forth between the two outside to him. 

"A'ight." He quickly walked broadly outside with everyone else following. He shoved Blondie off and onto the blue car aggressively, splitting up the fight.

"Hey, man. He was in my face." Brian held up his hands in surrender.

"I'm in your face." Vince tried to attack him again before I grabbed him with Leon.

"Relax! Don't push it! You embarrass me." Toretto pointed his finger. 

"Vince, what the hell!?" I shoved him and took Brian's wallet out of his hands.

"Get over there, man." Le rolled his eyes. 

"Lola," Dom called over and I stepped over, handing him the leather object. 

"Brian Earl Spilner. Sounds like a serial killer name. Is that what you are?" 

"Nah, man." He panted.

"Don't come around here again." He held the wallet in his face before walking off after he took it back. 

"Hey, you know, this is bullshit!" Spilner yelled. 

"You work for Harry, right?" Dom turned around to face him.

"Yeah, I just started."

"You were just fired." 

Brian left with a sigh, driving off. I rolled my eyes and spoke with Dom. "Dom, you serious? Brian didn't even do shit. It's was Vince just bein' Vince." 

"I don't care, no one messes with family, Lola." He waved off my words.

"Yeah, I know. But Vince is always starting fights with strangers who even look at Mia, 'cause he likes her. You know that, bro." I exhaled, thumbs hooked on the belt loops of my pants. 

"Why you even care if Spilner gets fired?" He asked with a slight smirk, crossing his arms. 

"I don't. This is about Vince starting fights with people." I glanced at V who was talking with his sister. 

"A'ight, fine. I'll talk with him." (I hated Vince in this scene, he was annoying but in ff5 he was a good person, sorta)