Chapter 4: Trust Part 1

The darkness has befallen the wasteland, a storm has invaded the area as it goes through the ruined city like a beast. And during the storm, a pair of humans are having dinner inside one of the buildings.

"Hmm... I think I should add more ingredients to this soup next time."
Says Gaizer as he continues to consume his dish.

On another hand, the pale-skinned person is carefully eating it due to the heat it has. As the rain gets worse and the temperature hits 15° Celcius, the warmer their hideout is.

"Speaking of which, have you thought of naming yourself?"
The question from Gaizer is out of the blue. The person in front of him doesn't have a name or memory.

"Name? I... Am not sure of what name fits me."
She replies.

"Then maybe I'll look for them and you'll decide the one you like most."
Says him before gathering dishes to be clean.

While he does it, the person wanders through her mind as she stares at the view of a storm ravaging outside. The only memory she has was waking up in a pond near the city. The shallowness of the pond makes it easier for her to escape from the cold and harsh water, her awakening date was unknown but she knows that the city is already ruined. All the time she does before was wandering. She doesn't feel energetic or tired at all, therefore she doesn't eat.

A woman suddenly passed by, his appearance surprised her into closing the window tray. The person knocks on the door but was ignored. The person is coated in water as a result of staying in the rain, she keeps knocking for some time before Gaizer came by.

"Introduce yourself, I won't open for a stranger."
Orders him.

"I am just a traveler looking for a place to rest. I can't find a safe place so I head here."
Explains the person.

Gaizer still distrusts her and asks her one more question.

"What makes you worthy of receiving a safe resting place?"
It may sound cruel but considering how dangerous this place is, it is best to be cautious.

The visitor is unable to answer, however, Gaizer takes that as an answer. Letting her inside and rest until dawn. The hybrid watches her for most of the time as she is curious about another human being other than Gaizer.

The woman changes her clothes in another room. While waiting, the Hybrid asks him.

"Do you know her? Why do you let her inside?"

After taking a sip of his tea, he answers.

"Her silence for the last question is proof of her innocence. However, I'll still be cautious."

Upon her leaving the room, she strikes an alluring pose. This surprises him into closing his eyes and tries to ignore it. He knows it would be a bad idea to fall for a stranger. She then introduces herself as "Rose", she is a traveler who wants to fill in her curiosity about the world.

After a brief introduction to each other, Rose is let alone eat while Gaizer and 'her' talk in the other room.

"I'll let you know this... Karina."

The name 'Karina' confuses her, her expression is cute and confused in the light dim room. Her lifeless gray eyes meet his eyes, giving away true feelings to each other.

"That's the name I give you for now until you recover your memory."

Upon receiving the name 'Karina', she seems to get along with it and nods in acceptance.

"And more, please keep your identity low. We don't know what people outside would do to you, promise me."

Karina promises him not to reveal her origin to anyone as what Gaizer wants. He's much more afraid of what big organizations would such as Schicksal and Anti-Entropy. Getting caught once and there will be no escape as they will hunt anything that can be used for experimentation.